Windows 8 + BootCamp

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys,

I currently own a late '11 MacBook Pro (13"), but I am wanting to be able to bootcamp Windows 8 onto it for all the gestures and such that I will be able to make use of on the Metro (or whatever it's called now) interface. But, I want to know what pitfalls I need to be aware of.

I am planning to Pre-Order Windows 8 Pro.
I do know how to set up BootCamp.

But like with regards to gestures and such, are there any things that I need to be aware of?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
From what I last understood the bootcamp drivers were not Windows 8 ready, but that may have changed since last I looked into it.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
From what I last understood the bootcamp drivers were not Windows 8 ready, but that may have changed since last I looked into it.

Ah that sucks... I was hoping for gesture support on the trackpad...

Why preorder downloadable software? I don't get it. Think they'll run out of downloads?

That's a fair point. When I read it would be half price with the downloaded version I decided to go for download instead. I was however planning to order a CD copy.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've got my Windows 8, and it runs like a champ. Very smooth and fluid. Really like it. Complements my Nokia Lumia 920 and HTC TITAN perfectly.