Will you dismiss the iPhone with the MLCD+ display as cheap and avoid it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that the rumored 6.1 iPhone will have an MLCD+ display instead of the OLED AND will be priced less, are we automatically underestimating the beauty and quality of the display simply because the device is lower in price? Will you dismiss it as "cheap" and avoid buying it?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No I will not

Neither will I. Heck, I'm one of the people who still enjoy the LCD display of a MacBook Air. Sure, I can see the difference between it and the display of my MacBook Pro, but the display wasn't a deciding factor when I purchased the MacBook Pro.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Neither will I. Heck, I'm one of the people who still enjoy the LCD display of a MacBook Air. Sure, I can see the difference between it and the display of my MacBook Pro, but the display wasn't a deciding factor when I purchased the MacBook Pro.

I agree.
I’m not one to get caught up in all the hype surrounding supposed technological improvements that only raise the price of the phone to ridiculous levels. If others want to, that’s fine, it’s your money and you can spend it any way you wish. As smartphone sales plateau, companies have to find ways to increase their profit. I’m not falling for it because it does not enhance the experience, for me, one bit.
Ducking before I get flamed. 🤣

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
As I really have to get a new iPhone soon I am going to look at the new offerings when they occur... and then probably buy an iPhone 8 if I can find one at a sensible price ! There is no way I will spend £300+ on a fancy screen when the LCD’s are so good.

fairmarketvalue

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
What's 3D Touch? (I use a 6+, and will probably keep doing so until either (a) Apple dumps the notch; or (b) I can no longer upgrade to the most current IOS).

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Being that the rumored 6.1 iPhone will have an MLCD+ display instead of the OLED AND will be priced less, are we automatically underestimating the beauty and quality of the display simply because the device is lower in price? Will you dismiss it as "cheap" and avoid buying it?

Yes.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Now you know Apple doesn’t do “cheap”. I always got a kick out of people who went on to purchase the iPhone with the most storage not out of necessity, but because it was the most expensive model in lieu of purchasing a 32 9r 64 gig model.

Granted, I don’t know what else will be different in regard to the lower-prices iPhone, but I agree that some people will avoid it and not view it as a premium iPhone.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Now you know Apple doesn’t do “cheap”. I always got a kick out of people who went on to purchase the iPhone with the most storage not out of necessity, but because it was the most expensive model in lieu of purchasing a 32 9r 64 gig model.

Granted, I don’t know what else will be different in regard to the lower-prices iPhone, but I agree that some people will avoid it and not view it as a premium iPhone.

Well...I won't say it's "cheap" in a general sense. But from a quality perspective, it won't be of the same premium standard that will define the higher end model. You'll get cheaper/older internals and cheaper display technology. The cost comes with sacrifices. Sacrifices that I have no intentions on making. I believe there will be performance and feature drawbacks of purchasing the lower end model. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to offer three distinct price points and three distinct models. That's why I answered your question that way. Not because I feel the phone will be "cheap" by general definitions. But when compared to Apple equipment...specifically with the higher end models, I think it will be "cheap".

This is of course under the hypothetical scenario that I would purchase one of the new models. As I've said before, I'm not upgrading.

I'm not upgrading....

I'm not upgrading....

I'm not upgrading....

I can do this.
:biggrin:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well...I won't say it's "cheap" in a general sense. But from a quality perspective, it won't be of the same premium standard that will define the higher end model. You'll get cheaper/older internals and cheaper display technology. The cost comes with sacrifices. Sacrifices that I have no intentions on making. I believe there will be performance and feature drawbacks of purchasing the lower end model. Otherwise, there'd be no reason to offer three distinct price points and three distinct models. That's why I answered your question that way. Not because I feel the phone will be "cheap" by general definitions. But when compared to Apple equipment...specifically with the higher end models, I think it will be "cheap".

This is of course under the hypothetical scenario that I would purchase one of the new models. As I've said before, I'm not upgrading.

I'm not upgrading....

I'm not upgrading....

I'm not upgrading....

I can do this.

(Laughing).....I’m not even going near an Apple Store around the launch date...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR