Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not upgrading.

This falls precisely in Apple's pattern... They've redesigned the iPhone every couple of years, but NOT every year. The first 3 iPhone models looked pretty much identical. The iPhone 4 design was only 1 year old. Not surprised, but was disappointed.

Unless I change my mind. I do get an upgrade every year, so who knows?

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Definitely buying. It's a significant upgrade from iphone 4 and comes at no cost by selling old phone. Same thing every year, old phone pays for the new phone no out of pocket expense, its called APPLE BUCKS (as mentioned before)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but mostly because I can give my friend her upgrade back since it was only to help me out when my 4 was stolen on Saturday. Im going to pre-order on Friday, and hopefully can get the one I just got on Saturday returned within a week.

johnkey

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I look at it as I just saved a few bucks by not having to go through the process of selling the 4 and buying a 5. Will try ios5 and see what that's all about before getting too excited.
There must be production issues behind their failure to deliver the 5. Some apple heads are going to roll.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Nah. I think I'll wait until the next gen comes out, and see if I want to lock into another contract with it. Nice features, but not worth re-upping now. I had hoped for something more. iOS5 has some cool aspects, but I can wait.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yup! I'll be in line ready to go...like i said months ago, a larger screen isn't a deal breaker for me, and all the new iOS 5 features combined with a new camera, faster processing and quicker internet/download speeds all lead me to one solid decision...i will have a shiny new 4S on October 14th. :)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I will. With hopes that they sell a factory unlocked one. But with the rumor going around saying that they will all be unlocked, I might luck out.

CI21

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what apple was doing for 16 months... All they did was take the same processor that's in the Ipad and put it in the Iphone. I don't travel the world so it being a world phone is no big deal, the 8MP camera isn't that big of a deal, and Siri... Siri is already an app on the phone, all they did is integrate it into the phone and make it talk back to you. Disappointed with the hardware update, my ip4 can do everything the 4s can.

racedog

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
I was hoping to come back to the iphone. This doesn't cut it. I won't be buying it and I can hardly believe that after 16 months this is the best Apple could do! Same small screen, no LTE, there are some nice improvements, but nothing that would convince me to move back to Apple.

R

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I like the current design and spouse used his upgrade for a white iPhone and swapped with me. I'm content with iOS 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I won't be buying just because I switched my black one for a white one and still have a whole lot of time left on my contract (3 year contracts suck, you americans are lucky). but I don't have any problems with this phone, nor am i mad/sad/disappointed in apple. People say they will suffer but this is just like the 3GS.

NINnerd

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes. I have a dying Sprint Pre right now. Once HP announced they weren't releasing a new Pre, I started looking at other phones.

I would have bought an iPhone4, but I wanted to wait for Oct. 4 to see what they would announce. I can't imagine needing more stuff than what the 4S has.

I will be so sad to leave my WebOS, though. :(

NINnerd

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone obsessed with LTE? Is that like 4G? And if so, won't that run down the battery?

Honest questions! Not being sarcastic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods