• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

GraytScott

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'll be getting it. Why not when I can sell my Iphone 4 for just as much as the 4s will cost.

Are you talking with contract cost? I assume so, as it seems the price of th IP4 is going down quite a bit at the moment. I was hoping to do the same, especially after Verizon told me when I got mine, "I could just sell it and almost pay retail for a new one." Not the case, not even close.

iNitvizn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I haven't decided yet. I checked today and I'm eligible for an early upgrade which makes it very tempting. I'd like to wait for the LTE iPhone, but even if that does hit next year it's not likely that I'll have LTE where I live. We've only had 3G for 2 years or so.

If Siri and the new camera are as good as they sound then I'll probably jump and get one. I'll throw my jail broken ip4 on eBay and snag my wife's upgrade next year if I get lucky with LTE. :cool:

AlexW52

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I still have the old school second generation iphone, so I'm definitely going to be upgrading. Since the 4S is the most recent available, I really have no other options. Although....trying to decide between the 4 with 32gb and the 4S with 16gb. I'm moving over to Verizon and they're the same price...anyone have an opinion as to which would be better between the two?

Timberwolf

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Already preordered through AT&T. Although I was hoping for a four inch screen and different design (metal back?), I am ready to switch from my Curve 8530.

andre402

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the people who opt for expensive AT&T plans, buying a $199 phone and then paying well over $2000 in a two-year commitment to the carrier.
I'll stick with my plan: I'll buy a contract-free iPhone for around $700, then select a $20 carrier plan which includes enough minutes and unlimited data (I live in Europe). So in addition to long term savings I get no commitment, just pure fun :)

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it difficult to find iPhones in carrier stores after launch? I've heard that a lot of carrier stores have a hard time keeping iPhones in stock.

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes i plan on purchasing but in december. I love how apple's devices just plain and simple. also i have wanted and iphone since the 3gs...so its only fitting i can get the 4s:D

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I still have the old school second generation iphone, so I'm definitely going to be upgrading. Since the 4S is the most recent available, I really have no other options. Although....trying to decide between the 4 with 32gb and the 4S with 16gb. I'm moving over to Verizon and they're the same price...anyone have an opinion as to which would be better between the two?

If you're just coming over to Verizon the iPhone 4S seems like a good bet. Unless you really need more than 16gb. I've been fine with 16gb and still have room to spare. And since you're going to get locked into a contract anyways, might as well get the latest model.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexW52

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
No because I got another year and a half on my contract and I'm happy with the IP4. iOS 5 will make it feel like a new phone when it comes out. By time I'm ready for an upgrade, the IP5 should be out.

Hopefully they don't make larger screens because any bigger, the iPhone would be too big. Like a brick those other smartphones are.

chokiyumi

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
since I sold the iPhone 4, I'm so buying the 4s, new stuff! and after using so many devices, going back to iOS is the best choice ^ ^ imo*

Nchaka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the people who opt for expensive AT&T plans, buying a $199 phone and then paying well over $2000 in a two-year commitment to the carrier.
I'll stick with my plan: I'll buy a contract-free iPhone for around $700, then select a $20 carrier plan which includes enough minutes and unlimited data (I live in Europe). So in addition to long term savings I get no commitment, just pure fun :)
In US, we don't have that choice. We are stuck with the carriers. We can pay full price, but we have to pick a carrier it will work on. We can't leave and take our phone from AT&T to Verizon. Also, It would be nice, but we don't have a $20/mo plan for min and unlimited data. I may be mistaken, but we don't have discounts for service if we buy a phone at full price.
So we may as well save money on the price of the phone.
I know a contract isn't for everybody, but it helps us to get a good phone cheaper.

davjaxn

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes- techically it will be my wife's. Anout 6 months ago she switched from an iPhone 3GS on AT&T to Virgin Mobile with an Android phone. We saved some money with the amazing $25 a month plan but she has been really unhappy not only with the phone itself but Android OS but with Virgin Mobile. The voice quality has been really bad. We never had any issues with AT&T. She is very excited about returning to the iOS fold! And since I have an iPhone 4 we are looking forward to using iMessage and FaceTime.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
yup... pre-ordered on Friday... have iphone 4 on vzw, but paying the etf and switching to att (bigger company discount so it will pay off the ETF within 6 months)