• Yes

Votes: 257 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 134 34.3%

• Total voters

!BigTex71

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
For those that aren't within your upgrade window, neither am I since I just purchased my iPhone4 6 months ago, but plenty of people are looking for an iphone4 from someone who is upgrading to the iPhone 4S...I sold my iphone4 on Craigslist within a few hours of posting it for sale for $450, now I'll take my cash and have $300 out of pocket expense for iphone4S!

So you have no mobile phone for a week?

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm new here and have been a BlackBerry user since 2008. I have to admit, though, the 4S is really tempting me. I love the new software and the idea of a native messaging service.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Any word on the battery life for the 4S?

This from the Apple website:

Talk time: Up to 8 hours on 3G, up to 14 hours on 2G (GSM)
Standby time: Up to 200 hours
Internet use: Up to 6 hours on 3G, up to 9 hours on Wi-Fi
Video playback: Up to 10 hours
Audio playback: Up to 40 hours

I've been reading alot of complaints about the lower standby time but since I charge my phone every night that doesn't matter to me.

Reactions: Maher Essi

Maher Essi

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I think this is significant enough of an upgrade, especially if you own an older iphone like 3Gs or 3G, a whole new OS system, Siri voice assistant, better camera, etc... what more do we need?? as far as design I think the iPhone 4 design is classy and I'm glad they didn't change it to thinner, why go back to a 3G design? I think the problem is that tech blogs and the main stream media hype this up so much, they create these false expectations and set them selves and people up for dissappointments!!
Apple never mentioned any new design.

Maher Essi

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have posted this in the wrong forum and now it's not letting me post it here because it thisnk I'm duplicating stuff, Here it is...
I think this is significant enough of an upgrade, especially if you own an older iphone like 3Gs or 3G, a whole new OS system, Siri voice assistant, better camera, etc... what more do we need?? as far as design I think the iPhone 4 design is classy and I'm glad they didn't change it to thinner, why go back to a 3G design? I think the problem is that tech blogs and the main stream media hype this up so much, they create these false expectations and set them selves and people up for dissappointments!!
Apple never mentioned any new design.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
How many people upgrade their phone every year? The 4S is not targeted for folks who just bought the iPhone 4. I know many of us here are accustomed to subsidized prices, but the reality is that through our 2 yr. contracts we are paying ~$600 for these phones. Think about how crazy it sounds for someone to buy a new $600 computer every year. Yes, you can sell your old device to offset the price of the new one, but doesn't that sound wastefully unnecessary (redundant for emphasis)?

There are about 70 million iPhone 1, 3 & 3Gs out there. There are probably an equal number of folks with early Android devices. These are the folks that have devices starting to stutter under the loads of newer apps, with screens starting to dim and various other wear 'n tear items marring the user experience. These are the folks most likely to buy the 4S.

Then there's the hundreds of millions who don't even own a smartphone yet. (I'm not counting Symbian or basic Blackberries as smartphones.) These folks now have three iPhones starting from $0 subsidized to choose from.

thelarster

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
AT&T says I'm not eligible until 11/25 and I'm antsy!!!! I've emailed them 5 times already trying to get my date changes to anything closer. Heck, I'd take a week closer.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
i probably will because my upgrade date is up and the wife and i need a new phone and she had her heart set on a iphone. i was hoping for a iphone 5, but im probably going to get the 4S.
but im on the fence both Blackberry and apple are coming out with there better phone next year grrrr im stuck i have to get a phone soon.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T says I'm not eligible until 11/25 and I'm antsy!!!! I've emailed them 5 times already trying to get my date changes to anything closer. Heck, I'd take a week closer.

i dont know if at&t are anything like verizon but i told them my phone was dead 2 yrs ago and i need a new phone they worked it out and changed my date. Now im broke and need a new phone and im due for an upgrade so when i get the $$ im going to get the 4S, well unless i win it :D

AdamRoxby

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Having never had the iPhone 4, I'm quite forward to having a phone with a different design. However there is the big barrier of price to contedn with.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77