Will you be purchasing the new iPhone?

Will you purchase the new iPhone?

• Total voters

papasmurfrock

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Just wait it out.. and the extra hundred or so you will pay will seem like nothing compared to the per month price either way. There is absolutely no reason to get a 3GS now.

what does that mean though? are the prices per month dropping with the new phone?

why is there no reason to get a 3gs now? if the plan per month costs the same for both, wouldn't the difference be between the up front price of a 3gs and a new phone?

sorry. i'm just a little confused here. it would seem to me that getting the 3gs for such a good deal is the better route if there's not much difference between that and the new phone, you know?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
what does that mean though? are the prices per month dropping with the new phone?

why is there no reason to get a 3gs now? if the plan per month costs the same for both, wouldn't the difference be between the up front price of a 3gs and a new phone?

sorry. i'm just a little confused here. it would seem to me that getting the 3gs for such a good deal is the better route if there's not much difference between that and the new phone, you know?

The point is that the upfront cost does not match the cost of ownership.

Cost of ownership including purchase would end up being around $2600 *usually a little less* after 2 years. $100 makes that $2700, but with a much better and up to date device that keeps you a lot more satisfied.. It's a small small price to pay for having the better model.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes but I may give it a few weeks and feel out the Verizon iPhone rumors. Either way I will have the newest iPhone sometime this year (the sooner the better).

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
The point is that the upfront cost does not match the cost of ownership.

Cost of ownership including purchase would end up being around $2600 *usually a little less* after 2 years. $100 makes that $2700, but with a much better and up to date device that keeps you a lot more satisfied.. It's a small small price to pay for having the better model.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

jmpetra

May 29, 2010
www.facebook.com
I will probably get one, but will wait a while to see what all it will do, and what problems arise in the new phone. Will probably have to wait a while until others have them anyway and until businesses see how they can use them effectively with customers. But I'm looking forward to it.

papasmurfrock

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
oh ok. that does make a lot of sense. thanks for the explanation.
unfortunately, i just don't know if i can pay an arm and a leg up front for the new model. we will see. any ideas what the initial price will be? i'm guessing $300. is that about right?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
oh ok. that does make a lot of sense. thanks for the explanation.
unfortunately, i just don't know if i can pay an arm and a leg up front for the new model. we will see. any ideas what the initial price will be? i'm guessing $300. is that about right?

It will most definitely be $200 and $300 just like it was this year for the 3GS. Sell your current iPhone to pay for the new one! That's what I do every year.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I remember last June where AT&T did something where if you paid and extra $200 you could get a new iPhone with a new contract. Does anyone remember what the details where on that?

For example the 16GB iPhone 3Gs was $199 on contract but some current AT&T customers had the option of getting it for $399 with a new extension of their contract. I'm thinking it was for people who weren't eligible for a upgrade but how long did you have to be with AT&T to get a new phone at that price?

dwilk21

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I remember last June where AT&T did something where if you paid and extra $200 you could get a new iPhone with a new contract. Does anyone remember what the details where on that?

For example the 16GB iPhone 3Gs was $199 on contract but some current AT&T customers had the option of getting it for $399 with a new extension of their contract. I'm thinking it was for people who weren't eligible for a upgrade but how long did you have to be with AT&T to get a new phone at that price?

AT&T calls this an exception upgrade. This is available for all customers with AT&T. Depending on which model phone you want to upgrade to the pricing increases on top of the upgrade or new activation pricing ($40 for texting phones to $200 for the iPhone). It allows you to upgrade before the 18 month period. You have to have good payment standing on your bills and be a minimum of 6 months into your current contract to apply. Just be ready to lock in for 2 more years. Only the Core stores can do exception upgrades on iPhones, but Authorized Dealers will do them on all the other phones in AT&T's lineup. Hope that helps!

Reactions: j7469

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I'll be getting one!
I still have my iPhone 3G (been almost 2 years now). I skipped the 3Gs, as it wasn't a substantial upgrade for me.
Really excited about this new model though! I even dreamt about it last night, then woke up and saw I still had the old one. haha.

One more week and we'll get to see the new beauty, and all that OS 4 will have to offer! Can't wait.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll be getting one!
I still have my iPhone 3G (been almost 2 years now). I skipped the 3Gs, as it wasn't a substantial upgrade for me.
Really excited about this new model though! I even dreamt about it last night, then woke up and saw I still had the old one. haha.

One more week and we'll get to see the new beauty, and all that OS 4 will have to offer! Can't wait.

Hahaha, before I got my 3G I had dreams of the iPhone 2G (it wasn't available in Canada) multiple times, I once woke up and thought I was holding it but sadly, I wasn't.. haha

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it would kind of suck if you were standing in a line, with your device in hand, next to someone else, with the NEW iPhone in their hand...

talk about feeling outdated...

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
I chose NO because my upgrade date is in March 2011 so i might as well wait it out 3-4 months for the 2011 version :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hell Yeah I am still on a 3G and I have already started saving when I saw the prototype on Giz see my sig. I have a list of all the Apple items I must have by the end of the year iPad, 4th gen iPhone and Apple TV. I've got 1 so 2 to go :D

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
No. I switched my 3GS out for a Droid. I don't want to go through 3 phones in a year.
I have no beef with Apple. But I hate Nazi Germany- er... AT&T.

Well if the new iPhone is that amazing and on Verizon, I may change later

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@jellotime91 I really hope those leaked pics aren't the finished product. I think that prototype looks hideous. I don't think I will buy the next iPhone if that is the final product.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73