Will you be getting Android Wear watches?

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Now that the Apis and smart-watches have been shown at Google I/O, along with all the features and apps being presented, would you personally want to get a LG G watch or something else that supports Android Wear down the road?

I must admit, after seeing what the interface and actual build looks like on Android Central, I will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of the watches on Asian shores.

What about you? Will you be plunking down the dollars for some attractive new Android Wear?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
No, one because I can't afford it and two because smartwatches aren't really any good yet. I couldn't justify spending that amount of money on a device that really is just in "early alpha" so to speak.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am curious about them, but I haven't found the need for one yet. I would need a valid reason other than they are cool to make that purchase. Also, I'm wondering when this stuff becomes overkill. Smartphone, tablet, and smartwatch? That's a lot of redundant tech to be carrying around.

Sent from my iPad Air. Simply better than the rest.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
In the next 10 years, I can imagine myself wearing a smart watch, Google Glass, Smart Shoes, Smart Socks, Smart Shirts and a Smart Belt.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
No, but only because I don't have an Android device to pair it with. The Moto 360 is a very nice looking watch though.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
At the moment no, but I wouldn't mind trying it.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch (beta testing) or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
No smart watch at all for me. I don't like wearing watches nor do I have a need for a watch that does a few things my iPhone does better.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I collect watches and wear one all the time. Part of me wants to keep my HTC One and get a Moto 360 to go with it and the other part of me wants to consolidate all my phones and tablets into the Apple ecosystem once the new iPhone 6 is released.

I'll probably stick with the iPhone and hope beyond hope that the iWatch has a round bezel and performs well. If not, i'll just not bother with a smartwatch.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
As someone else previously said on this forum concerning this topic: "I am overwrought with indifference".

Not just toward the Android Wear, but wearables in general.

I don't wear any type of watch currently, and there's nothing in the current crop of smart watches to are enticing enough for me to spend money on one. Even if the iWatch eventually becomes reality, it will have to have some killer 'must have' feature for me to even think about getting one, but I can't think of any at the moment.

Like has also been stated, I think we're in the beta phase of wearables now, similar to what smartphones were like before the iPhone was released.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No.. Whatever technology is coming up with these days it's just seems extra.. Something that no one really needs but want it like a fashion

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Not at all. Whether it be Pebble, Android, Apple, etc. I don't travel without my phone and as long as my phone is with me, I do not have a need for a smart watch. It just seems like a desperate attempt to create a new product category since "innovation" as some call it, in the smartphone realm, has matured.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73