Will watchOS Switch to the iPhoneX “gestures”?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Having both the new iPad Pro and an iPhoneX, I’ve really gotten used to the new gestures (swipe up to go home, notifications by pulling down from the middle/left, control center by swiping down from the right).

I have to say, I think it would be intuitive on the Apple Watch as well. - Get back to your preferred watch face while in an app by swiping up (vs. clicking anything), left swipe down to get to notifications, right swipe down to get to control center...

I don’t think the crown will be going anywhere soon (as the crown has been an essential component of watches for years and is truly intuitive), but I do think adding gestures similar to the newer iOS devices would be a nice step forward!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I think iPhone X/XS/XR gestures could be useful, though the crown is used to complete the circuit for ECGs on the watch.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think iPhone X/XS/XR gestures could be useful, though the crown is used to complete the circuit for ECGs on the watch.

I’m not advocating for getting rid of the crown, I think it’s an essential part of the device. Just thinking having the gestures for navigating the UI would be a nice addition

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Meh. With such a small display without a notch, I think it might be hard to distinguish top left from top right. It might also be hard for people with touch accessibility issues. I think it's fine the way it is.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Meh. With such a small display without a notch, I think it might be hard to distinguish top left from top right. It might also be hard for people with touch accessibility issues. I think it's fine the way it is.

I guess. And it also depends on your watch size and face - on the 44mm S4 with an infograph face telling left from right would be extremely easy and intuitive - just swipe from either the top left or right complication

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Having not used gestures, I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it could be promising. I'd love to "play" a bit with it to know for sure!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77