Will there be a refresh of the iPhone 5s down the road?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I doubt they would make 3 different sizes with the same A9 chip next year all with the same design language.

Pretty much what you get now. Next year, the "S" year, the 4-inch phone gets a plastic shell with the A8 chip of now. The 6C. I really don't think the 4-inch form factor will go away anytime soon. It would have been great if they made the iPhone 6 in a 4-inch for those who didn't want to go to a bigger screen. But to have the same design language was probably just not cost efficient for what Apple sees on their books.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I doubt they would make 3 different sizes with the same A9 chip next year all with the same design language.

Pretty much what you get now. Next year, the "S" year, the 4-inch phone gets a plastic shell with the A8 chip of now. The 6C. I really don't think the 4-inch form factor will go away anytime soon. It would have been great if they made the iPhone 6 in a 4-inch for those who didn't want to go to a bigger screen. But to have the same design language was probably just not cost efficient for what Apple sees on their books.

Apple can keep the 5s around for awhile with an A7. Next year I'd bet they drop the 5c; end of line for 32 bit. Then lower the price on the 5s and 6. While starting to sell the 6s and 6s plus with A9 chips.

In 2016 we see the iPhone 7 in 4",4.7", and 5.5-6" sizes with A10 chips.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I would doubt they would refresh, but who knows? I know I'd continue to buy the larger phones though, I wouldn't want anything smaller than the 6 is right now

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

Just saying the word 6c gets me excited. Oh how I long to have a 5s in a pretty blue shell...

I'm treating my 32GB 5c as a collector item though as I'm not feeling too optimistic that they'll refresh this line.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I felt Apple should have just went 5 inch and 4 inch with new internals the last time around, and that would have satisfied everyone, but they had to go with the unwieldy (imo) 5.5...