Will the rumoured MLCD+ display be insufficient for your needs?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
According to this iMore Blog article, the rumored 6.1" iPhone model with have an MLCD+ display. With that in mind, will having the MLCD+ display not allow you do the things you typically do on an iPhone in comparison to the ones that will have the OLED display? If so, how?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it will have micro LCD, that’s what Apple wants to move to after OLED because it’s more color accurate and battery efficient. From what I’ve heard of the 6.1” LCD is that it’s standard LCD and won’t even be 1080p. That just doesn’t sound like micro LCD to me. However, the rumor of what it’s supposed to be excite me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Actually I just remembered I was wrong. Micro LED is what Apple wants to switch to. So in regards to micro LCD, it is what it is, and I hope it’s not the cause of the lower definition of the screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Functionally I couldn’t imagine there’d be a huge difference. Visually I prefer my OLED and would rather not lose it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Functionally I couldn’t imagine there’d be a huge difference. Visually I prefer my OLED and would rather not lose it.

That’s the point!....I can’t imagine the iPhone not performing as fast and smooth as the others and I can’t see apps and games not looking fantastic on its screen.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That’s the point!....I can’t imagine the iPhone not performing as fast and smooth as the others and I can’t see apps and games not looking fantastic on its screen.

Yea I don't see any degradation in performance. But I look at my wife's 8 screen and I definitely prefer the screen on my X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2