• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Will the old Apple 29 watt bricks made for the iPhone X fast charge the iPhone 12 pro max ?

ekneeiphone

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Good morning folks,
It has been widely reported that in order to fast charge the new iPhone 12 series ( approximately 50 percent in a half hour) you need to use the 20 watt apple brick or similar product from 3rd parties.
I have some old 29 watt apple bricks which I purchased around the time of the X or x plus which were touted as fast chargers for the iPhone.
Does anybody know if those 29 watt bricks will fast charge the iPhone 12 pro max ( approximately 50 percent in 30 minutes) or do I need to buy the 20 watt for this to occur.

Thank you.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere that unless you use the MAGSAFE charger the charge rate in limited to either 7.5 or 10 watts. This includes hardwired plug in and using a a 3rd party wireless charger.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly, to fast charge you need a usb c outlet wall charger (18w +) and a usb c to lightning cable to maximise charge rate. I am still playing with this in a desultory sort of way, and the one lesson I have learnt is, the cable must be the best you can find !

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shanefreedman