Will the Apple Store price match?

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks, Merry Christmas! Speaking of which, I'm getting myself a great gift next week when, after months of waiting, I finally can upgrade to the iPhone 5 on New Year's Day. (Verizon held firm with not allowing early upgrade - surprise surprise!) Best Buy has the iPhone for $50 off, but will the Apple Store price match it? Or is it done on a store-by-store basis? I'd rather buy it right from Apple as opposed to Best Buy, but $50 is a nice discount. :D

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The Apple store sets the price, they will not budge. They finally gave permission to BestBuy this year to drop the price for a limited time, but it was at BestBuy's expense. For a discount from Apple you'll have to wait until the next device is released to get the discount on the old one.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, Alli. I checked online and was surprised to see that I could upgrade TODAY (1 week early) if I wanted to - at least if I go through BB or the Apple Store. Talk about Christmas cheer! I'm still wary of BB, though, so I might pay the $50 for "peace of mind". :D

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I know that - just always have to think twice when dealing with BB, given some of the horror stories from years past.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey folks, Merry Christmas! Speaking of which, I'm getting myself a great gift next week when, after months of waiting, I finally can upgrade to the iPhone 5 on New Year's Day. (Verizon held firm with not allowing early upgrade - surprise surprise!) Best Buy has the iPhone for $50 off, but will the Apple Store price match it? Or is it done on a store-by-store basis? I'd rather buy it right from Apple as opposed to Best Buy, but $50 is a nice discount. :D

No price match... but they do offer corporate ("employee" pricing) and education ("student/faculty" pricing) on some items.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info, Alli. I checked online and was surprised to see that I could upgrade TODAY (1 week early) if I wanted to - at least if I go through BB or the Apple Store. Talk about Christmas cheer! I'm still wary of BB, though, so I might pay the $50 for "peace of mind". :D

Your user experience won't be any different buying the iPhone from BB or the Apple store...like someone else said, you'll still want to bring it to the Apple store for warranty service/replacement. If Best Buy is running a better deal, and the extra money you're saving is worth the trip, i can't see any reason why a person would not take advantage of it, because thankfully just because you BUY the iPhone at Best Buy doesn't mean you have to ever talk to them again when it comes to ownership of the phone.

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The Apple Store wouldn't price match (gave it a shot), so I went to BB Mobile, overall, had a fine experience there. BB definitely has a much better process for helping customers than the Verizon Store and is much different from the BB big-box store, without a doubt. The salesperson was great helping me, and I got my $50 discount while politely turning down BB's insurance. Then, I went right to the Apple Store and bought Apple Care+. :D

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. The Apple Store wouldn't price match (gave it a shot), so I went to BB Mobile, overall, had a fine experience there. BB definitely has a much better process for helping customers than the Verizon Store and is much different from the BB big-box store, without a doubt. The salesperson was great helping me, and I got my $50 discount while politely turning down BB's insurance. Then, I went right to the Apple Store and bought Apple Care+. :D

And now you never have to step foot into a BB store again for service...which is a blessing, lol.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Buying from Best Buy wouldn't have been any different from buying from Target, Walmart or Apple. Its the same phone with the same warranty. If you have issues you still take it to Apple.

I bought 2 of my iPhones from Best Buy and it was just as easy as going to AT&T or Apple like I did for the other two.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox