Will setting a notification at a place drain battery?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I set a notification for when I arrive back home for thanksgiving break and I was just wondering if having that notification searching for location in the background drain my battery/use a bunch of data.

Thanks guys

e koulak

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have done this in the past and it does affect the battery a little but at least in my case it was so minimal, it wasn't worth concerning my self about

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I set a notification for when I arrive back home for thanksgiving break and I was just wondering if having that notification searching for location in the background drain my battery/use a bunch of data.

Thanks guys

Location based reminders definitely affect battery, but it varies. As in the one poster, it was minimal, but I've had it significantly affect my battery life. My office had poor reception to begin with, combine that with a constant ping for GPS and I was losing a ridiculous amount of battery per hour (10-20%).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that feature is made for a shorter time frame like a event on the same day vs weeks later
It might be better to set a reminder in the calendar or something vs using that

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I set the reminder for something I need to do tomorrow.

Regardless, I've had it on for over a day now and I don't see much battery drain. I'm also almost always connected to WiFi in my dorm and throughout campus though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods