Will my Apple Watch still work if I jailbreak my iPhone?

I

iMore Question

Will my Apple Watch still work if I jailbreak my iPhone

If I jailbreak my iPhone running iOS 8.3, will my Apple Watch still connect and work as usual?

knoddix

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
I had some trouble pairing my Apple Watch sport with my iphone under ios 8.3 with a jailbroken iphone 6 it wouldn't give me the code to manually pair but after updating to ios 8.4 and then jailbreaking and then manually pairing with the watch i had no issues oh and FYI the watch is running watch os 1.1.

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: Will my Apple Watch still work if I jailbreak my iPhone

I didn't have any problem with my Apple Watch when I was jailbroken. Everything worked great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

I'm jailbroken (6+) and the Watch works flawlessly.

akar33

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

It works fine, but occasionally, you'll might a "delete denied" popup which keeps popping up after tapping "okay". I am not sure if its because of the specific jailbreak or if it is a common issue.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I've had no issues.

MCube74

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of buying the Apple Watch but I am concerned that I may run into issues since I have a jailbroken iPhone 6 running iOS 8.4.

lilzone

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I've been jailbroken since it came out. I have no problems at all with my watch that I can think of. I'm on the latest watch os as well.

LilBuddy_88

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm on 8.4 and I have 6+ but mines won't pair.. Keeps saying phone out of date!! Keeps saying update to ios 9! It pairs manually then unpair......Any way to keep it paired?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm on 8.4 and I have 6+ but mines won't pair.. Keeps saying phone out of date!! Keeps saying update to ios 9! It pairs manually then unpair......Any way to keep it paired?

If you've already updated to watchOS 2 you'll need iOS 9 on your iPhone in order to pair it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh