• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

Will my Apple device work with Apple Intelligence? You might not want to hear the answer

baccusboy

Jul 17, 2022
Visit site
I understand why many people are upset that their iPhone 15, 14 Pro, etc. aren't getting AI features at this point. However, this situation could actually be advantageous. Here’s why:

First, if you have one of the newest iPhone models with a large amount of RAM, it won't be slowed down by resident AI processes. Many people who don't want AI features, viewing them as intrusive, may prefer to buy your high-end phone on the used market because it’s updated but not overloaded with AI.

Additionally, those of us with older iPhones can choose not to upgrade and save money. If you really want AI features, consider subscribing to ChatGPT directly. Their full-featured AI service is much more powerful than the lighter versions offered on phones, which mainly promote their own services. The best features of ChatGPT are only available through a paid subscription. AI on the iPhone will be relatively basic for at least three years, until you likely upgrade anyway.

Lastly, you can often purchase an AI package which includes as much as 1TB of storage for your photos or files in a bundle. Look into other Ai such as Copilot, Genesis, Claude, or buy direct from Chat GPT. You might be able to cut out you i-tunes subscription and divest a bit from the company that wants to upsell you at every turn.

Ask yourself... do you really need to ask Siri and Apple Intelligence to do things that you normally don't want to voice out loud in public, and can do yourself anyway?

So, keep your phone, save money, or spend less than an upgrade would cost, and enjoy superior AI directly from the company that created it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
poplolzz