Will iPhone 4 be slow If I fill up the 16gb?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
So i wanna sell my ipod classic and i have 12gb of music stored on that thing. But i was thinking of selling my ipod and just using my iphone 4 as my ipod. If an iphone was to be filled to max capacity, would it be slow? Anybody's experienced anything like that? thanks

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Definitely not. This isn't a cheapo android phone that gets slow when you put a hundred photos on the SD card. I used a 3GS for a year and filling up the HDD had zero effect on performance. :)

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't effect performance at all. The system has it's own partition that it operates on that the user cannot play with which is why in iTunes 16gb iPhones usually show ~14gb capacity and 32gb ~29gb capacity.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Definitely not. This isn't a cheapo android phone that gets slow when you put a hundred photos on the SD card. I used a 3GS for a year and filling up the HDD had zero effect on performance. :)

AWESOME!!! :D

Wait a second... are you really serious? Don't tell me Android phones do that! Tell me you're joking! :eek:

nickE10mm

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So i wanna sell my ipod classic and i have 12gb of music stored on that thing. But i was thinking of selling my ipod and just using my iphone 4 as my ipod. If an iphone was to be filled to max capacity, would it be slow? Anybody's experienced anything like that? thanks

Nope... never experienced anything like that at all. I typically keep my 16gb iPhone 4 filled almost totally full (with only about 200mb free) and its still lightning fast. Fill er up, enjoy. :)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
On my 3G filling it up seemed to put a dent in performance. I filled my iP4 up just to see and it didn't seem to phase it at all. I do normally leave a few GB free just for stuff I may add later, that 32GB is really nice.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I never fill up my phone to capacity. As much as people say it doesn't make a difference on the performance, in my mind it does...I also had three blackberrys before my iPhone, totally see where you're coming from.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I never fill up my phone to capacity. As much as people say it doesn't make a difference on the performance, in my mind it does...I also had three blackberrys before my iPhone, totally see where you're coming from.
However, that performance difference is due mostly to if the drive is flash like the iPhone wherein it makes no noticable difference versus Blackberries which primarly use external memory cards. It's a known fact that speed takes a hit when a device has to access an external file on a card as opposed to the internal drive.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh