Will iOS 10 finally get you to use 3D Touch?

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I do use it on my iPhone. I find it useful too. I find that on my iPad I forget that it isn't there and end up long pressing, which sometimes accomplishes similar things.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I used 3D Touch maybe 30 times a day before. Now I'm using it even more.

^Exactly

Once you find how useful it is, it's easy to get used to it and find you can't do without.

It's extremely useful. I'm not sure I'll be able to go without it. I use it almost every time I grab my phone.

I do use it on my iPhone. I find it useful too. I find that on my iPad I forget that it isn't there and end up long pressing, which sometimes accomplishes similar things.

I do the same thing. Hopefully they'll add it at some point.

Nocticis

May 13, 2015
Visit site
For years, we've been trained to just touch the screen and now we're being taught to press it. I have a 6s and don't really use it outside of the calendar app. Being able to press the Apple calendar or even Google Calendar, is clutch. I keep all my apps in one folder besides messages, Safari and settings. I then have the apps and folder in my toolbox and pull down on spotlight to type and search for my app. With iOS 10 allowing me to 3D Touch the folder and remove notifications from apps inside the folder, THAT I will use. That is clutch. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1466950524.742511.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Definitely since in iOS 10 you can now 3DTouch folders to see apps that may have notifications in that folder and jump directly to the app without even having to open the folder and scroll to the app.

Also if you're not using 3DTouch to select text or move the cursor by pressing on the keyboard you fail at life. That functionality alone makes 3D Touch incredibly useful.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely since in iOS 10 you can now 3DTouch folders to see apps that may have notifications in that folder and jump directly to the app without even having to open the folder and scroll to the app.

Also if you're not using 3DTouch to select text or move the cursor by pressing on the keyboard you fail at life. That functionality alone makes 3D Touch incredibly useful.
This does sound awesome :) Can't wait to be able to get that public beta on my 6s!

Nubwy

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm definitely looking forward to more shortcut options for 3D Touch. As it stands, anytime I want to send a text I have to open the full app because it only offers the last three recipients on the 3D Touch shortcut. Same with Phone. I find myself rarely using 3D Touch so I am definitely eager to see expanded support for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox