Will I need a dongle to connect peripherals to my new iPad Pro?

Wbutchart1

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, I have got my first iPad Pro. One of the reasons was that the usbc was this great additional feature which could be used with a variety of different things. I am really not getting that sense at all! Firstly let me clarify, it does charge the iPad fine but the following has me perplexed:

When I first got it, no adapter for headphones - my wife has a Samsung tablet. Great I thought I’ll use that dongle. Plug it in - sound comes out the speakers! Google it and apparently we need a ‘special’ dongle for this to work! Does apple know how much customers have already paid for the tablet?

Now, I get my usbc to USB adapter (Samsung again) and plug my memory stick into it and then into the iPad - go to the files app cause it just works (right) and nothing happens! Try other memory sticks, same thing! So help me out, is it really the case I need to buy another ‘special’ Apple dongle to enable features that should just work strait out? I know the Samsung dongle works as we use it with other phones. Feeling like a mug if I’m honest as the features the say are great don’t work out the box, I should have just got the iPad Air!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Help - usbc is mines broken or does it just work with nothing?

Yes, I think you need an Apple Dongle, since your device is an Apple device. :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
It seems that each maker of smartphones and tablets sets security controls so that the only brand of USB-C to Audio adapters that can work with their phones and tablets has to come from them. Apple only supports Apple adapters. Google only supports their own, etc...

Mafiatounes

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Minix has a nice dongle with passthrough usb c/usb a/hdmi made for iPad with a built in ssd 240/480/960gb it is one of the best dongles for ipad pro.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You are going to need an apple dongle for your apple ipad. It’s about quality and android dongles simply can’t compare.

Couldn’t find any comparisons between apple dongles and Samsung’s dongles, but here is one between apple and google.

360e81d1bc5d780fc03b2dbd2431fdd7.jpg

abd8baebbc78e22394f1e694829b6adc.jpg

b29a41535a8658999856c507b34619ad.jpg

Here is the testers conclusion:

“Conclusions
It is time for us Android users to crawl under a rock. :) Apple showed us that a bit more thought and engineering put in a dirt cheap and small audio product can produce respectable performance. The objective performance gap with Google dongles especially with their regression to version 2 is vast. This is both on objective front and subjective listening tests.”

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...pple-vs-google-usb-c-headphone-adapters.5541/

If you wanted to use Samsung’s dongle then you would need a Samsung tablet. Having said that android tablets are inferior compared to the iPad, due to inferior android apps that aren’t optimized for android tablets, ie blown up phone apps that look terrible on a tablet. Best of luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro