Will Entourage work?

KLR

Oct 15, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, I can't find the answer to this, will Entourage work with the iPhone? Even though I already use a Mac, I much prefer Entourage for my email, address book and calendar instead of the Mac applications.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Sorry, I can't find the answer to this, will Entourage work with the iPhone? Even though I already use a Mac, I much prefer Entourage for my email, address book and calendar instead of the Mac applications.
Wow, do we ever have different preferences!

Anyway, worst case scenario, I'd imagine that if you go to 'Preferences' in Entourage and then in 'Sync Services' set Entourage to sync contacts to with Address Book and sync events and tasks with iCal you'd be sorted.

Treo Rat

Aug 20, 2002
edgarces.com
Anyway, worst case scenario, I'd imagine that if you go to 'Preferences' in Entourage and then in 'Sync Services' set Entourage to sync contacts to with Address Book and sync events and tasks with iCal you'd be sorted.

Hey Thanks Marcol! I've been trying to figure out how to export my Entourage contacts to Address Book for the past two weeks. I intend to migrate fully from Entourage to iCal when I get my iPhone. I like Entourage too but I don't think Microsoft has any plans on updating that software anymore. Besides, it's more trouble free to go Mac OS all the way, I think.

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
With respect to Entourage updating, I guess I'd assumed that it would come with the Office update that's due next year. Personally I wouldn't miss it at all if it wasn't there, but I'm sure some would (especially those locked into Outlook calendaring)

marcol

Aug 31, 2005
Visit site
Good ol' Google. Seems like there will be Entourage in the next version of Office. There's nothing on Entourage per se in this:

http://apcmag.com/5780/office_2008_for_mac_hits_beta_shows_slick_ui_and_draws_on_escher

but it does say:

"New to the Office 2008 for Mac mix is MyDay, a small stand-alone app which works like a portal into Entourage's appointments and tasks."

so I guess it must be there :)

Also, despite being called Office 2008, it seems to be due later this year. It's in private beta at the moment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire