Will AppleCare cover this?

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the watered down AppleCare via Tmobile and I have a small crack on my phone near the light sensor for the camera (attached). It doesn't impair any functions, but if it's covered by AppleCare, I'd love to get it fixed.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Photo on 7-24-18 at 4.01 PM.jpg

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the watered down AppleCare via Tmobile and I have a small crack on my phone near the light sensor for the camera (attached). It doesn't impair any functions, but if it's covered by AppleCare, I'd love to get it fixed.

View attachment 123618

If there is a T-Mobile store around you, it’s best that you ask there. They are better suited to answer this question.
If not, read the fine print of the ‘AppleCare’ agreement.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

View attachment 123618

What's the watered down version of Apple Care? I'm sure you have full coverage. Just check here and if you're covered just take it to Apple.

https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
If it is applecare+ it will be covered. If it is just what comes with the phone (without buying anything) then no it will not.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you have apple care services which is included with T-Mobile insurance. If that’s the case, it’s covered as the same as Apple Care+. It would cover any cracks or physical damage. And with Apple care services, you can take it to the Apple Genius Bar.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I'd imagine even with AppleCare+ that would be considered accidental damage so they may not replace it for free, but at a discounted price as they do screen replacements. I'm curious how much it would cost. Please update us with what you find out. As @Garz said, it's the full AppleCare+ that comes with T-Mobile insurance. I got the screen replaced for my X for $29.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice