Will Apple resurrect the Touch Bar as a Touch Keyboard?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I use the Touch Bar everyday when working with my work-issued MBP M1 and it does make a few things easier. When the TB was first introduced, I didn’t think it would be useful, but I was wrong.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had to show a friend of mine who is looking to get a MacBook Pro that there is indeed the F-keys if he needs them. He has read so much misinformation that the Touch Bar took away the F-keys and they are gone for good. When I showed him the function button on the keyboard that brought back all the F-keys, he thought it was some sort of sorcery but said he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about since it is still there, just a tap away. We laughed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had to show a friend of mine who is looking to get a MacBook Pro that there is indeed the F-keys if he needs them. He has read so much misinformation that the Touch Bar took away the F-keys and they are gone for good. When I showed him the function button on the keyboard that brought back all the F-keys, he thought it was some sort of sorcery but said he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about since it is still there, just a tap away. We laughed.

That’s awesome. I really enjoy the Touch Bar. It’s like no matter what app or browser you’re working with the Touch Bar adjusts to it. For example, if the Mail app is active, the Touch Bar will display icons depicting the following:

Compose
Archive
Move
Flag
Etcetera

I love it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member