Will an 8 GB model iPhone 4S be sufficient?

I

iMore Question

i want to buy an iphone 4s and 16gb is not in my budget. is 8gb enough for me if i dont put music and movies in the device and keep apps like fb, twitter, whatsapp, instagram, skype and device clicked photos? help required. thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: space

8 GB can be enough, but understand that iOS and Apple's native apps takes up a portion of the 8 gigs so you're not starting out with 8 gigs of storage space. The apps you mentioned should be fine, but you need to keep track of the amount of photos you keep "on the device". I recommend you offload them to a cloud service or external drive once a week or so, depending on how many photos you take.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You can pickup a used 16GB 4S pretty inexpensively. If you go with a 8GB you might be ok if you don't store music, videos/photos or apps. Good luck.

Chrisy

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
If you can swing it, get the model with the most memory. If it's going to mean you have less food to eat, by all means, stay within your budget!

I bought the 16GB 5c because there was a special. My phone's memory is always full! Next time, I'll pay for the expanded memory! This phone is mostly filled with songs (700) and podcasts. I have no pictures, videos, and not a lot of apps.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR