Will 16gb be enough?

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I was only lucky enough to get a 16gb Space Grey 6+. 9/19 delivery. I'm was wondering whether the 16gb will be enough. I don't put music or videos. Just apps and photos and stuff. What do you guys think?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Enough for what? With iCloud and iTune's sharing you really don't need as much as you'd think. (Then again, I pre-ordered a 64GB :big-hug: )

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I got by with a 16gig 4S with very little music and no video but as time went on I found it very limiting. I have a 64 gig 5S now and don't even think about the storage limit.

I know quite a few people with 16gig iPhones that don't even get close to filling it. It all depends on the usage.

KennyMcCormack

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
16 gb is barely enough. You wont be able to store locally many videos or larger apps such as hardcore games. My experience with the 16gb size has been to leave enough space to permit OTA updates. Usually less than 500 mb free. Given the lack of local storage, cloud storage becomes more important. If you find yourself in weak WiFi or cellular areas, you may have trouble with cloud services.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It depends how you use your device. I had a 16GB 4s and now have a 16GB 5s. I have 10GB available, I don't put music or videos on my device and I use Dropbox to store photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It's enough for a lot of people. Many don't use a lot of apps or put a lot of music on their phone. My Wife is like that. She does Facebook, the Bible and Words With Friends. Very little music (200 mb) and 600 photos. She started with 28 gb (32 gb 5c) and still has 24 gb available. I need more than 16. But folks on these forums use more on average than most users. I know several people with 16 gb who have had their phone over a year, and they still have 5 or 6 gb available. Some people just don't do much.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It depends how you use your device. I had a 16GB 4s and now have a 16GB 5s. I have 10GB available, I don't put music or videos on my device and I use Dropbox to store photos.
You must not have many apps either.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
16 gb is barely enough. You wont be able to store locally many videos or larger apps such as hardcore games. My experience with the 16gb size has been to leave enough space to permit OTA updates. Usually less than 500 mb free. Given the lack of local storage, cloud storage becomes more important. If you find yourself in weak WiFi or cellular areas, you may have trouble with cloud services.

I don't play games on my phone. Don't think I would even on the 6+. Just apps and photos. Wish they made the 32Gb standard. I was ready to buy the 64gb. But first shipment preorders were sold out by the time my mac decided to load the web page. Oh well. Thanks for the comment :)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I think you'll be able to make it work for you. I have a 16gb 5s and it hasn't been limiting to me and I don't have games on mine but I do have plenty of music

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
if you have very few apps, no music and pretty much no pictures yes, otherwise no. With 1080p screens and apps becoming larger in size, 16gb runs out quickly.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
If you plan on lots of cloud based storage, 16 should be fine. If you plan to keep a lot of stuff, especially movies, on your device, I'd recommend upgrading to 64 GB. :)

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Have a 16gb 5s then change it to a 32gb. Having the most important docs vids and pics on the physical drive is a deal breaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
It really depends on how you use the device. I keep music, lots of apps (some quite large), and maybe a video or two, and 16GB would not be enough. I expect this to be even more of an issue with the larger screen and its potential. My wife uses the phone for texting, calling, and the occasional picture (she's one of those people who like to use the iPad for photography because of the larger "viewfinder"). She probably uses only 3-4 apps. She has a 32GB model, and it's not even halfway full, despite never clearing out txt/iMessages (she has some dating back 3 years), photos, etc. She just has a different usage pattern than most of us here on the site.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Enough for what? With iCloud and iTune's sharing you really don't need as much as you'd think. (Then again, I pre-ordered a 64GB :big-hug: )

Cloud isn't all its cracked up to be. First you have data charges and that means you need either unlimited or a big plan. Of course if use Wi-Fi (Hotspots where available) then you get by, but why stream content which uses the radios and drains the battery faster than having it local. What about when you are on a plain or cruising in the Caribbean. Since Apple doesn't support external storage you need all you can get.

essay2u

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
no no no. sorry but I barely get by with 32 gb. and I sometimes there's a song i want to hear, i find it on my phone only to see that it's in "the cloud" you may get by with saving a $100 up front, but you will pay for it in data...