Wifi slows down

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed my picture was getting a little "fuzzy". After waiting a few minutes checke speed test and it was down to 23 Mbps. Checked other devices, speed was over 60. Restarted tv unit, didn't work. Went to settings, disconnected modem and reconnected. That worked until this morning and same thing happened. Again all other devices had correct speeds while this one was below 30. Did same thing as yesterday and it worked again. Am wondering anyone else have this problem? What to do if happens again today. 4th gen, bought about 3 weeks ago at BB

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's possible that your internet provider is detecting your streaming activities and are throttling your connection.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday I noticed my picture was getting a little "fuzzy". After waiting a few minutes checke speed test and it was down to 23 Mbps. Checked other devices, speed was over 60. Restarted tv unit, didn't work. Went to settings, disconnected modem and reconnected. That worked until this morning and same thing happened. Again all other devices had correct speeds while this one was below 30. Did same thing as yesterday and it worked again. Am wondering anyone else have this problem? What to do if happens again today. 4th gen, bought about 3 weeks ago at BB

What did you use to test the speeds on your Apple TV? Strange that the tv is doing this but your other devices are ok. Let us know what app you used to test and I'll do the same on mine and see if I get similar results. Mine stays on almost 24/7 streaming Apple Music.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
another idea is to switch to a 5Ghz connection on your wifi if you have one. I have found this to be a lot more reliable but in my experience it does like to be closer to the router. So if you're farther away it may not be much help.

Vyenkatesh

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
another idea is to switch to a 5Ghz connection on your wifi if you have one. I have found this to be a lot more reliable but in my experience it does like to be closer to the router. So if you're farther away it may not be much help.

Yes. Lot of difference in the speed of you use 5Ghz

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
What did you use to test the speeds on your Apple TV? Strange that the tv is doing this but your other devices are ok. Let us know what app you used to test and I'll do the same on mine and see if I get similar results. Mine stays on almost 24/7 streaming Apple Music.

I used Ookla. Has been reliable for past few years. Also, after initial post, noticed roku was starting to do same thing and also buffering in mid show with no other devices using router. Have Netgear 36 for about 8 or 9 years. From what I've read it's probably wearing out. Am thinking about Netgear AC 1750. Any thoughts on that?

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
It's possible that your internet provider is detecting your streaming activities and are throttling your connection.

Doubtful. Have been using same for couple of years. Besides if they were going to throttle it would be closer to end of month not first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal