Wifi signal keeps going really low on iPhone

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Not too long ago we was upgraded to BT infinity, And you sure can notice better speeds on all devices, But shortly after, My iPhone 5s (The only iPhone in the house) keeps getting really low signals, This only happens to my phone and nothing else (Android phones, Computers etc)

The way I can notice is I play 2 main games which are clash of clans and 8 Ball pool, Clash of clans will randomly pop up with a wifi symbol meaning my signal is low, Meaning anything I do wont be saved and I have to close and restart the app again, Sometimes that wont even solve it, And 8 ball pool it will say connection is slow and cut me out the game, I downloaded another game to check and that did the same too, Sometimes safari is even really slow.

I have reset all settings on my phone, I have changed channels on my hub and nothing has helped,

Any other suggestions on how to fix this as it is highly annoying!

One more thing, I can go on someone elses wifi and it will work perfectly fine, I can even create a hotspot on my PC using the same internet connection and that will work fine, And the wifi symbol in the corner wont drop to one bar, It always stays full or one bar down, I just dont understand it!

Hope you can help

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
If you are running a bt home hub 5 they run on 2.4 and 5 frequency . Go into settings and switch off 5 remove the wifi connection on your phone and re create a new one . The other thing is interference from other electronic devices . Try re locating the book to another location away from electrical appliances and changing the channel .
I would do the first one first one first

Bobsgolf

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
In addition, large metal objects may interfere with your wifi signal. If you use the 5s in a location where there are such things as a large fridge, tool box, range, washer and dryer, etc, it could cause wifi issues. It's more likely the other issues stated above.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Jordss

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I haven't changed any settings yet but I have been looking over which device is connected to what, There are android phones in the house and they are both peacefully staying at the 5ghz and 2.4ghz, With the odd jump over,

My iPhone however at times jumps like crazy, I've played games while watching it, It says slow connection when It jumps to 5ghz, When I am in that area, thats when It keeps saying low signal and cutting me off, then not long after it will put me back down to 2.4ghz, Where it will make me loose connection, But when Its actually sitting in 2.4ghz it doesnt cut me off or anything

I played a few full games on 2.4ghz and nothing happened at all, Why is my phones wifi signal dodgy on 5ghz? Is there a problem with my phone or is it common,

Also I dont want to turn off 5ghz band as others are using it, Is there any other way to do something like restrict my phone to 2.4ghz only?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't see ghz anywhere. I use a Comcast modem. But our 2 iPhones have few problems with wifi. It occasionally cuts out, then I toggle wifi off then back on and it's good. Sometimes after using wifi elsewhere, I have to do that. That's recent and I think it's our new modem.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

bobsgolf

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
5 has a faster speed but has has a very short range . With walls and everything else stopping the signal , 2.4 is far more reliable and has a far better range , and as you have stated your phone works ok on 2,4 , switch off 5 to fix your fault , I had a wifi issue on my phone , I did some research and I was told to switch 5 off and name 2,4 which I did , delete the existing wifi connection on all devises and make new wifi connection , it works fine now

Bobsgolf

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
5 has a faster speed but has has a very short range . With walls and everything else stopping the signal , 2.4 is far more reliable and has a far better range , and as you have stated your phone works ok on 2,4 , switch off 5 to fix your fault , I had a wifi issue on my phone , I did some research and I was told to switch 5 off and name 2,4 which I did , delete the existing wifi connection on all devises and make new wifi connection , it works fine now

Bobsgolf

I just add 5 Ghz to the end of my 5GHz network name and it works just fine. That way I can still use either 2.4 or 5 as needed.

Sent from my jailbroken 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 6 or Surface 2 using Tapatalk

ela1n3ko

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Do you have a case on your phone? If so, what kind of case? I know that aluminium / metal cases lowers your wifi reception wherever you go.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox