Wifi on, no data transfer

obaquerizo

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
As of today and other days, I see that sometimes my wifi router stops sending data, and had to reboot it for working again that for me is not bigger issue. But help me with this:

When I use my Blackberry 10 an this happens I get a notification that my wifi is limited and to check for internet, but the beat part is that the wifi alone get disconnected and I start using carrier data until I reboot the router.

But in my iPhone 5c I get cero notification of that, I realize the problem because I can do anything internet, the question is, Why I doesn't get disconnect as the blackberry do?

Today I wake up and when I see this that I was navigation on internet had to close mi wifi and then with carrier receive everything that was holding to arrive since yesterday night as soon I fell to sleep, yo have any ideas? If is it possible.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

That's unusual your 5c should default to carrier data when you loss your wifi signal. Check to make sure you have cellular data enabled in settings

The iPhone doesn't notify you of dropped wifi

obaquerizo

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have enabled, but it doesn't tell me if their is a loss so wifi, not get disconnected of it, also that happens in my daughter 5s, do you have another setting

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes I have enabled, but it doesn't tell me if their is a loss so wifi, not get disconnected of it, also that happens in my daughter 5s, do you have another setting

I don't think iOS is capable of notifying the user if the WIFI signal has dropped but you can see if the WIFI logo is still on the top left. If it is still there, it means the WIFI is still on, if not you shouldn't see it anymore.

Hope this helps :)

obaquerizo

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that the wifi logo is still on even when no data transfer occur, so is hard to tell when this is happening, as I was telling the only way is to see tht nothing arrive to the phone, in my case this is very important because in my house the carrier signal is very low, but thanks

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can tell you that the wifi logo is still on even when no data transfer occur, so is hard to tell when this is happening, as I was telling the only way is to see tht nothing arrive to the phone, in my case this is very important because in my house the carrier signal is very low, but thanks

Then the only advice I can give is that you go back to your service provider and ask them to troubleshoot your network. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73