WIFI not working after update

OTCHRussell

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
My Mini iPad 2 was recently updated to 10.0.3. At first it occasionally lost WIFIconnection, but reconnected itself. A few days later it only reconnected by rebooting. Now it will not connect at all. It finds the correct network, but tries to connect and fails.

I know it is not the modem because I have 2 laptops, 4 smartphones, and an ancient iPad 3 (that I am posting on now), that are all working fine on the same network.

My mini iPad is now useless. I can't even switch over to cellular as I can't get an Internet connection to set it up.

HELP!
Thanks

darius_robin

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
My Mini iPad 2 was recently updated to 10.0.3. At first it occasionally lost WIFIconnection, but reconnected itself. A few days later it only reconnected by rebooting. Now it will not connect at all. It finds the correct network, but tries to connect and fails.

I know it is not the modem because I have 2 laptops, 4 smartphones, and an ancient iPad 3 (that I am posting on now), that are all working fine on the same network.

My mini iPad is now useless. I can't even switch over to cellular as I can't get an Internet connection to set it up.

HELP!
Thanks

Even I was facing the same problem on 11.0.3. See if this helps:

1. Backup and reset the iPad.
2. Download iOS 11.1 (released yesterday).
3. Restore the backup.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
That's fixed in iOS 11.

Reset your network settings
Connect to WiFi
Perform an encrypted backup
Factory reset the phone and set it up as new.
If iOS 11.1 was not installed then check for an update and install it.
Once finished, restore from your encrypted backup.

OTCHRussell

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
It won't work by just updating? Resetting is such a pain even with a backup. I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for your help, Sherry_B and darius_robin.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It won't work by just updating? Resetting is such a pain even with a backup. I guess I will if I have to. Thanks for your help, Sherry_B and darius_robin.

You can try updating first. If it doesn’t work you’ll still have the option of backing up and reloading iOS. Hook it up to your laptop and update to the latest iOS version. Check if your wifi is working again and if not do your backup. Put it into DFU mode and restore then restore from your backup.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

Typically it's best practice when installing a major update from one version number to the next. Factory resetting can help to avoid a ton of issues. If you were just going from say 11 to 11.1 I would be more apt to just recommend resetting just the settings and network settings.

OTCHRussell

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Here’s what I’ve done so far. Before I saw your post I first reset the network settings. Then I reset the settings. That didn’t work so I got prepared to wipe the ipad mni2.
I couldn’t do a backup because I had no internet connection, but I have a fairly recent one
Then I told it to do a complete factory reset. It told me I couldn’t do that because I had no internet connection to verify!! Yeesh!
So I tried a network reset again to see if I could stay on line long enough to do the factory reset. To my surprise, it is now connected to WiFi for the past 15 minutes! Hopefully I can get away without doing the full reset.
I appreciate your help. Mobile Nations has been my lifesaver for years. (I’m mainly on CrackBerry).

PS. a friend is having the same problem with her iPad and iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4