Wifi connection

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I bought a new wireless router for my house in January. Ever since then my iPhone 6 keeps dropping the signal. It's my phone and not the router. I can be watching Netflix or YouTube etc on my smart tv at the same time and it doesn't even slow down or buffer when this happens. This also isn't happening with my wife's iPhone or either of our iPads.

I have no problems with any other wifi connections (friends, work, public etc)

Any ideas? It's getting pretty frustrating.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would recommend reseting the network settings on the iPhone in question.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network settings

A few things to know before you do so:

-All of the wifi networks that were saved on the iPhone will be removed, so you will need to re-enter those
-If you have iCloud enabled then the saved wifi accounts will also be removed from other connected devices using the same Apple ID.

Hopefully that will help with your connectivity issues.

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Definitely try what bamf-hacker said, that is always a good place to start. Otherwise, if it isn't happening anywhere else and his suggestion didn't work, it seems like this is something to do with this specific connection at your home. I.e. most likely not your iPhone.
Couple of thoughts:
If the problems only started with this new router, it seems like some kind of low signal strength issue.
If you live in a apartment building or an area with lots of wireless interference, this may be causing you to have slow connection or lose connection.
Maybe you have a defective router. If this is a modem/router from your ISP, call or IM their technical support to trouble shoot the issue. Maybe they can replace it. If its a third party router, buy another router, see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn't help, just return the router to the store.

Let me know if those things don't work, I'd be happy to brainstorm with you.

Cheers

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I will try resetting the networks settings

erichards2 - it would seem as though it's the router wouldn't it. But my phone is the only device (out of 2 smart TVs, 3 iPads and 2 iPhones) which is having this issue. I can literally be using multiple other devices in the same room as my phone and it will be the only one having issues. But it's also only on my home wifi. I could understand if I was having issues with more than just the one device. Or if that one device was having connectivity issues on different networks. But just this one device, on this one network...I figured I must've been missing something.

erichards2

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I will try resetting the networks settings

erichards2 - it would seem as though it's the router wouldn't it. But my phone is the only device (out of 2 smart TVs, 3 iPads and 2 iPhones) which is having this issue. I can literally be using multiple other devices in the same room as my phone and it will be the only one having issues. But it's also only on my home wifi. I could understand if I was having issues with more than just the one device. Or if that one device was having connectivity issues on different networks. But just this one device, on this one network...I figured I must've been missing something.

Well if nothing else works, you can try contacting apple technical support. If that still doesn't work, start with the router. Other than that, trying to personally troubleshoot router issues via the router interface is a daunting task. Goodluck

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal