wifi connection issues - wont always connect automatically anymore

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i was getting a NO SIM error non stop so before i swapped my SIM card, i reset the network settings to try to remedy the issue. since then, i had to rejoin all known wifi networks, as expected. but now when i come home, my phone wont auto detect my home wifi. it will detect and autoconnect to my work wifi and the citywide comcast wifi. but when i get home, i must manually connect to it. my settings are set on to auto join known networks and i leave wifi on 24/7. has this happened to anyone else??

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes! On my 4s! My HTTP Proxy was set to off so I chose auto and it worked for a couple days, but it's doing the same thing again. What kind of router do you have at home? Mine's a Belkin. And are you on iOS 5.1? I am. The only way it connects is if I restart the router, but the same thing happens when I get home from work every night. Very annoying!

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i have a netgear router and im running 5.1 also. like i said, it was working fine up until the other day. but now that i think of it, i was also having problems connecting to other networks before i reset the network connections. when i log into my home network, it says "failed to join network" but if i select join again, it works. always on the second try. its just weird. my ipod 4 is on 5.1 also and it doesnt have this issue, just my phone.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
ill tell ya one thing, after being on crackberry for years and having over 8000 posts there, this forum moves SLOW. it seems like no one ever posts.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to delete your wifi settings and try to connect to it like new?
that usually works on other devices.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Actually I found a setting for auto join and auto log in. They were both slid to off. I bet that's the problem. Never even knew those settings were there. I'll try that when I get home.

EDIT: nevermind, those settings arent available for my home network. between this and the NO SIM error, i wanna throw this piece of junk against the wall.

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Actually I found a setting for auto join and auto log in. They were both slid to off. I bet that's the problem. Never even knew those settings were there. I'll try that when I get home.

EDIT: nevermind, those settings arent available for my home network. between this and the NO SIM error, i wanna throw this piece of junk against the wall.

Okay, did some searching on google and found a suggestion to set the router channel width to 20MHz (it was previously on 20/40) It's connected fine every time for 4 days now.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i solved my issue. apparently my router was acting up. i logged into my router and updated the firmware on it, then renamed my SSID. once done, i was able to reconnect without an issue.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine is intermittent, at best. I've tried everything. :( It's definitely the phone because my iPad and my husbands iP4 stay connected just fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods