Why would someone do such a thing?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Why would someone complain about the high cost of the iPhone X and then proceeds to buy it, and after buying it, spends each day complaining about not getting his or her money’s worth? In addition, when it is recommended that he or she return it for a full refund within the return period, he or she refuses and then goes on to complain about how the electricity was almost disconnected because he or she paid too much for the iPhone X.

What the heck is wrong with people these days?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
On a serious note, I certainly didn’t love paying what I did for my 256 GB iPhone X but I’m a grown man and took ownership of the fact that I VOLUNTARILY purchased my phone at the set price. Apple didn’t force anybody to buy their iPhone X. Drives me nuts when people complain about the price.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On a serious note, I certainly didn’t love paying what I did for my 256 GB iPhone X but I’m a grown man and took ownership of the fact that I VOLUNTARILY purchased my phone at the set price. Apple didn’t force anybody to buy their iPhone X. Drives me nuts when people complain about the price.

Nuf said....

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Why would someone complain about the high cost of the iPhone X and then proceeds to buy it, and after buying it, spends each day complaining about not getting his or her money’s worth? In addition, when it is recommended that he or she return it for a full refund within the return period, he or she refuses and then goes on to complain about how the electricity was almost disconnected because he or she paid too much for the iPhone X.

lol this feels like this happened before. The $1,000 dollar phone didn’t cause that because you already had money issues then.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
(Some) People get sucked into the marketing hype. It’s like gambling. They know they can’t afford it but do it anyway. Then they complain. Companies have known this forever and use it to their advantage, not that they are entirely to blame. Whether it’s the iPhone X or a fancy sports car, people will buy them who can’t afford them.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have never complained about Apple prices and I will not complain about it. It’s my choice to spend that money, they didn’t force me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The point is this: Why did the person hold on to a device that allegedly didn’t meet his or her expectations from day one? In truth, was the person unhappy with the device or simply ticked off at him or herself for getting it knowing it would put a strain on his or her finances? In either case, why didn’t the person return the device within the return period? I think the person was basically ticked off at him or herself for spending that much money for it. In addition, he or she truly like the iPhone X, but just feel that it’s not worth the money paid for it. What say you?

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
The point is this: Why did the person hold on to a device that allegedly didn’t meet his or her expectations from day one? In truth, was the person unhappy with the device or simply ticked off at him or herself for getting it knowing it would put a strain on his or her finances? In either case, why didn’t the person return the device within the return period? I think the person was basically ticked off at him or herself for spending that much money for it. In addition, he or she truly like the iPhone X, but just feel that it’s not worth the money paid for it. What say you?

Probably true. People who make wrong decisions find themselves in a quandary. If they return it, they are admitting they were wrong. They want to keep it because they like it. It’s easier to deflect blame.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
The price was too damn high. I could afford a 256GB iPhone X, but I still feel stupid paying so much for it. The total cost of the device, after AppleCare+, was almost $1,500. No phone should ever cost that much.

This OP seems a bit elitist to me.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The price was too damn high. I could afford a 256GB iPhone X, but I still feel stupid paying so much for it. The total cost of the device, after AppleCare+, was almost $1,500. No phone should ever cost that much.

Me, an elitist?.....Now that’s funny...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

I think it’s a tad high but still. If he or she knew the price and still bought it and complaining then it’s nobody’s fault but their own

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Well the 64Gb is $1579AUD here, which is what i paid on release, 6 months in sold it for $1100 and bought a 3 day old silver X for $1000. Lol to those saying never paying 1K for a phone.

Last edited:

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Some people just aren't happy unless they are whining about something. That and they like the attention that whining gets them, even if it is negative attention.

You don't have that kind of time.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I wholeheartedly dislike those ‘whiners’.

You paid, you got. What’s there to complain about?

And it’s 2018 people. The pros and cons of an iPhone are well known by now, so there’s that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh