Why would I want AirPods Pro over original style when......

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My original AirPods have too little battery life for my work day. I own very nice well rated can-type Sony noise cancelling headphones.

My originals are mostly about my work day, podcast listening and lots of phone calls. I dislike phone calls with past sealed type buds. I count on hearing some outside with my originals. I use little rubber covers to help fit.

Am I a candidate for regular or the Pro model?
Will Pros disappoint me on an airplane or in a whirring fan noise data center when I have those quality over ear type?
If I've never been much of a fan of sealed type buds so will I face a comfort issues?

I'm not doubting the greatness of the product as much as wondering if Pros will disappoint when in this context.

Thank you for any insights.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Well from what I understand, the AirPod Pro's are much more comfortable than AirPods 1 & 2. I believe that this is because of the rubber tips. And it's this fact is what has me wanting these for Christmas! :D

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I suggest getting the Airpods Pros version. The Transparency Mode should be great for you while in the office and the Noise Cancellation mode is very good and should come in handy when you're on an Airplane without the bulk of over the ear headphones, not to mention ease of use and convenience the Airpods Pro gives you. Just my opinion of course. Give them a try, you can always return them if they don't meet your requirements.

f681a65bb49916493644a82fadbb4814.jpg

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I suggest getting the Airpods Pros version. The Transparency Mode should be great for you while in the office and the Noise Cancellation mode is very good and should come in handy when you're on an Airplane without the bulk of over the ear headphones, not to mention ease of use and convenience the Airpods Pro gives you. Just my opinion of course. Give them a try, you can always return them if they don't meet your requirements.

Does that mean you have them?

:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Congratulations on getting your AirPod Pros. When did you get them?

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the input. I was surprised to see a national retailer showing them in stock at two local spots yesterday and still one today. I'm still on the fence here knowing how I like my over the ear Sony NC headphones so much and how the AirPods have mostly been work tools. Current sales prices make the Pros almost 2x the cost. Still, it might happen.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the input. I was surprised to see a national retailer showing them in stock at two local spots yesterday and still one today. I'm still on the fence here knowing how I like my over the ear Sony NC headphones so much and how the AirPods have mostly been work tools. Current sales prices make the Pros almost 2x the cost. Still, it might happen.

The Apple Store I was near at the time of purchase (Not my Apple Store) had several in stock even though the mailing date was 2+ weeks away. I walked in and walked out with them. One of the advantages when using my Airpods Pro with noise cancellation that is rarely mentioned versa my Headphones is the "heated ears" aspect. I'm not sure about anyone else but I noticed that my ears become very hot when I use traditional noise cancelling headphones like my BOSE QC35 for more than an hour, that doesn't happen with the Airpods Pro. Good Luck with your decision.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I did get a pair. I brought them up while speaking with my Apple Store business team rep. He thought some arrived in store and sure enough, yes.

Very interesting is one thing I can say at this point. At times the transparency mode is almost like hearing aids for my known hearing loss. The music fidelity is improved for sure. The noise cancellation is good. Swapping between known excellent Sonys, the Pros are not in same league but those Sony or Bose or Beats Studio 3 cans are not so nicely portable.

No plane flight yet but they cut the noise in and near my data room full of fans and noise. They will be a lot less to carry on a trip.

That balancing feature make them more comfy than pretty much all sealed type buds I've tried but you still get some booming or thumping with stairs or running that would be hard or clumsy.

For the all important to me calling feature I'll consider them livable. In/on shop floor or store space in our enterprise the noise with transparency mode was hard so you get some of that hear too much of yourself in call.

If I have a reservation it's knowing they'll probably be pretty much dead in 2ish years like my originals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73