Why won't my new iPhone 6 update Apps in the App store, gets stuck waiting?

I

iMore Question

New iphone6 will not update Apps in App store, gets stuck waiting

tried syncing already, didn't help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: New iphone6 will not update Apps in App store, gets stuck waiting

Either give it time to finish or tap on the apps that are waiting to update to "pause" and then tap them again to resume. If that doesn't work, delete the apps and then reinstall them.

ljgtx

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I just had this problem, too, and nothing I read was working. For what it's worth, here's what finally fixed it for me. I plugged the phone into the computer, opened the App store and updated the apps there. But then they still wouldn't sync properly to the phone. iTunes said everything was up to date, but the phone insisted 26 updates were still waiting. I unplugged, plugged back in, hit Sync again, and it suddenly synced 3 of the hung-up apps. Then acted like it was up to date. Now the phone said 23 updates were waiting. So, I just unplugged/plugged/Synced several more times till they were all done. It did about 3-5 at a time in each sync session. Probably not the most tech-savvy way to do it, but it worked faster than having to delete/reinstall all those apps or restore the phone. Hope it helps.

shockjay

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I was just at the Verizon Store on my lunch break and was able to download updates to three Microsoft apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) which were of significant size, Between that store, the Apple Store, Starbucks and home, I try to do all of my downloading, including updates, in areas with WiFi.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner