Why won't my iPhone 5 work after the screen replacement?

I

iMore Question

iphone 5 wont work after screen replacement

my iPhone 5 screen broke them replaced by cell phone repair guy.. later I found out it wasn't gorilla glass like they said and returned screen..
I just now got back from another repair shop and phone won't work...he said there's no power..

-front camera and proximity sensor are brand new
-battery is brand new..
-charge port is brand new
-speaker and ringer are brand new

Everything is new on inside of phone..
He tried a different a screen and different battery...
Still no power...anyone have any ideas what this could be causing this

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
No.. They're all around 45 min to over an hour away...
I'm going to [redacted]...
They know what doing....its reputable store..

Last edited by a moderator:

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: iphone 5 wont work after screen replacement

From what I've been able to find on internet is that:

--stick piece of paper under shield that has 3 plugins for the LCD..
--other thing was to unplug the battery...then press and hold power button for 15 seconds, and then hook battery back up..

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

My apologies... That wasn't something I did on purpose...i was going to delete and I clicked on it an I thought it was linked to original question, so I just left it alone.seriously I didn't know that was gonna happen..I clicked the back button to edit and at first didn't realize it posted twice...
And I don't have phone or computer right now and halve to borrow a phone just to use internet... And it is junk phone...

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

I did find out problem though... Went to apple, but they wouldn't do any testing cause nine of the parts were theirs...a guy at kiosk in mall was really good and found on my logic board 2 resistors were broken were you plug the battery in...he said Noway of fixing...but I've read a couple things on internet that its easy fix that shops do all the time..what do u think

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I think the shop or shops you took it to were not reputable.
I work for a company who does just that and if we mess up a customer phone were liable for it. Sounds like of the techs was using a metal pry tool to pry off the battery connector from the board and thats a big no no.. If it was working when it left the first shop then the second shop is the one who made it not work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro