Why won't my iPhone 5 work after the screen replacement?

I

iMore Question

iphone 5 wont work after screen replacement

had my iPhone 5 screen replaced and month later i found out it wasnt gorilla glass like the sales person promised me and i took screen back and got money back...
I just now got back from another repair shop and phone won't work...he said there's no power..

-front camera and proximity sensor are brand new
-battery is brand new..
-charge port is brand new
-speaker and ringer are brand new

Everything is new on inside of phone..
He tried a different a screen and different battery...
Still no power...anyone have any ideas what this could be causing this

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 5 wont work after screen replacement

Take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it replaced correctly. As for it having no power, was it like that prior to having the second repair shop replace the screen? If so, you might want to go back there and demand that they fix or replace it, in my opinion.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

You need a new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

No it worked fine when I first had screen put on it...then when I found out the glass screen wasn't gorilla glass like the sales rep made a point of telling me numerous times..
I used phone for a month then I returned screen when I found out it wasn't gorilla glass.... Its all just strange to me!!

jakskrilla

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

Take it to a nearby Apple Store and have it replaced correctly. As for it having no power, was it like that prior to having the second repair shop replace the screen? If so, you might want to go back there and demand that they fix or replace it, in my opinion.

The phone worked fine for a month after I had screen put on... Then I found out a month later it wasn't gorilla glass like the sales rep kept swearing to me it was...
Now phone won't work when I took it somewhere else to get screen..
The phone repair guy said that even if power button is bad that it should still cone on when plugged into the charger..which he did

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73