Why should i upgrade to the iPhone 7, 8 or 9?

patrickquirke

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6, I love its size, it's build quality and it's camera.

I am due an upgrade this year, but with the price from networks being so high with the latest and greatest models I am wondering whether the iPhone 7 is going to be worth the upgrade.

To me an upgrade in specs could as well be the iPhone SE with such a cheaper phone and network price. I usually love having the latest and greatest but spending an extra ?20 - ?30 a month just for that privilege doesn't seem worth it right now.

Anyone else have this dilemma? Media and blogs are always trying to push you to the latest models but i hardly ever see a blog or Tech Site say "You know what? This iPhone 6s or 7 might not really push me in upgrading from my 6 or 5s or SE".

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!

I am going to the 7 Plus for one specific reason. Size. My tired old eyes need the extra screen. I hope the other upgrades and added features to the phone are good as well. Do I think it is worth it, well yes. I get the latest technology and the added features. To some people it is not worth it. I currently own the 6 and if it was not worth it to me, I would stay with it. My 6 has been an incredible phone that has served my needs flawlessly. And it will be a good phone for another couple of years at least.

Ultimately the decision will be if the added features are worth the extra money to you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPhone 6, I love its size, it's build quality and it's camera.

I am due an upgrade this year, but with the price from networks being so high with the latest and greatest models I am wondering whether the iPhone 7 is going to be worth the upgrade.

To me an upgrade in specs could as well be the iPhone SE with such a cheaper phone and network price. I usually love having the latest and greatest but spending an extra ?20 - ?30 a month just for that privilege doesn't seem worth it right now.

Anyone else have this dilemma? Media and blogs are always trying to push you to the latest models but i hardly ever see a blog or Tech Site say "You know what? This iPhone 6s or 7 might not really push me in upgrading from my 6 or 5s or SE".

You do NOT have to upgrade to the latest and greatest. If you're content with what you have, keep using it. Period. Will I get the iPhone 7/7S? I plan on it. Will I wait up all night to try to order it when orders go live? Heck no!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2