Why opening apps on Mac is slow when connecting to internet?

chain13

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new to the mac.

I'm just wondering that my MBP is getting slow to open app while connected to internet. Is there any kind of "verifying things" online when the app is being launched? I tried to turn off my wifi and the app's launch time is faster.

It happens on almost every apps in my mac including the built in apps (like pages and keynote).

Last edited:

chain13

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Could be checking for updates. Give it a few days and if it's still doing the same thing you may have a bad unit. Yes, it does happen.
Thanks for your response. But I don't think it's caused by the defect product. The mac run smoothly on any tasks I do, only while launching the app it's struggling.

I found out that apple applies some kind of developer verifying (since sierra) on every apps for mac, to their server through internet, every time we launch the apps. My ISP happens to have DNS problem that makes this "verifying" become even longer, my friend who uses the same ISP also having the same problem as me.

What I'm looking is a way to disable this "verifying" thing, once for all. It might be through terminal or script. I would try asking to different forum too.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR