Why # "no name" contact appearing on contac list

AlexIT83

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed, when I open Contacts, on my Iphone 6s plus on my contact list this is what I see.

#
no name

is anybody have this issue?? please help
thank you.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. I see all of the information associated with the contact card I created for myself.

vjh425

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem and it's because I use Outlook to sync my contacts. Under contacts, go to "Groups" in the left hand corner and make sure that "Contacts" is the only thing checked under Outlook or whatever service you use.

pannkaz

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have registered the issue on Microsoft Forum but they are completely clueless. Problem is somehow Outlook is now syncing PersonMetadata group too on iphone. I have provided all kind of screenshots and tried to explain the issue to them but no results so far.

Now they are blaming it on Apple saying it is the issue with iphone. Could be true as it doesn't show this contact group either on outlook web or if I sync my account on desktop outlook

Regards,

Pankaj Kapoor

pttptppt

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem. One day I just over 50 No name contacts with no info. So I had to install an app to mass delete these "placeholder" contacts

Mereece

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone, here is what I found to remove all of the "No Name Contact" form my IPhone.
In contacts go to the top left of the screen Groups, in Groups and uncheck "All Outlook", then check each individual list separately below All Outlook, and most important, do not check the list named "Personmetadata." I don't know why it is blowing up our phones with the no name contacts, maybe someone else will. But that did it for me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods