Why isn't my iPhone Opening even if it says its charging?

I

iMore Question

Yesterday, my Iphone 6+ was working fine, I was able to play games and stuff. So I charge it and slept, I woke up at 4:00 am and saw that it wasn’t charge anymore and my mom is charging her phone. So I took my phone and saw the battery percentage was 3%, so I restarted my phone. When it restarted, it showed that the battery low battery. So I charged it, after a little while it opened but it only showed the background picture without the time and date and closed again saying that it is low battery. I went to school and charged my phone at home all day but when I came back home today and opened it it said that it was still charging. It took the charger off and it says again, it needs to be charge because its low battery. Is the charger the problem? because my mother also told me that last night her phone says its charging but the battery number don’t increase. I need an answer ASAP, please.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It’s likely one of three things:

1. The charger (the square-shaped thing that plugs into the wall outlet)

2. The lightning cable (the cable that plugs into the phone)

3. The battery itself. Apple’s iPhone batteries are designed to retain 80% of their original capacity for 500 full charge cycles. If you’re still using the original battery that came with your 6 Plus that could be the issue.

What to do...Try charging your phone with a different charger and cable. If that doesn’t work take your phone into an Apple Store, an Apple authorized repair center, or contact Apple Support.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't there a battery gate issue on the 6/+? When the battery capacity (not the charge) went down below certain level, the phone auomatically throttle the CPU or something. Apple will replaced the battery at $25.
That could be the cause of your issue.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wasn't there a battery gate issue on the 6/+? When the battery capacity (not the charge) went down below certain level, the phone auomatically throttle the CPU or something. Apple will replaced the battery at $25.
That could be the cause of your issue.

Correct. As a result Apple is replacing batteries for iPhone SE, 6, 6 Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus or X $29 but that offer ends 12/31.
https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power
Honestly, if you currently own any of those above listed models for any length of time I would go into an Apple Store and have your battery swapped before 12/31. You’ll be glad you did.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW