Why isn't a Family Sharing item showing up for all my family memebers to use?

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Family Sharing

Family sharing is all setup....But I purchased an item and it is not showing up for my family member to use.....

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: Family Sharing

Go into the App Store and make sure there is sharing for the app. Some developers don't allow it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Are they different types of devices? What I mean is, are you using an iphone and the other device an ipad? Make sure the app in question is not a iphone or ipad only device, and that your device is set to show it. iPads can be set to show iPad OR iPhone apps, and the iPhone apps will work. On the iPhone, the iPad only apps probably won't work.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I downloaded fantastical on my iPhone and my daughter has an iPhone.... But it's not showing up My purchased music is, but not the app.

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

I downloaded fantastical on my iPhone and my daughter has an iPhone.... But it's not showing up My purchased music is, but not the app.

Could be as Zerog said, perhaps the developer does not allow sharing?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Purchased items may not be instantly available on other family users accounts... It might take an overnight process for Apple to share items...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You've only tried 1 purchase. As stated above by kch50428, give it time. If it doesn't straighten out, give iTunes a call or an email.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Purchased items may not be instantly available on other family users accounts... It might take an overnight process for Apple to share items...

I did purchase it about a week ago but my daughter just got her iPhone yesterday....Is that a possibility? All my purchased music is there for her to share

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

When you go into the App Store then purchased does your name show up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

What I mean is does your name show up in her phone with the app located in there?

Sorry I got it backwards the first time.

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

What I mean is does your name show up in her phone with the app located in there?

Sorry I got it backwards the first time.

When I go on her phone......Under family sharing, my name appears there.....

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

In the App Store, are you going to Updates > Purchased > and then Family Purchases > and then selecting Your Name?

Vortec 5.3

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I think I have it now and thanks to everyone for getting me on the right track.. On daughters iPhone 6

App Store > Updates > Purchases <My Name> and then she could download whatever I purchased

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Glad to hear you got it worked out! :) And it only took like 5 Mods, 4 Ambassadors and 17 members!!!! LOL (Ok I'm exaggerating a little ;) )

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice