Why is this site nothing but ads for items disguised as articles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gravage

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
(i.e. all of the camera spam lately)

I used to come here for Apple news and now it's just a sad landing page for ads. And yet, you have the temerity to ask me to turn off my ad blocker.

It might be because I blocked all of the Pokemon/PubG/Fortnite spam articles and that seemed to be all you posted before, but my news feed is nothing but ads for items to buy from this site. I have removed iMore from my Newsfeed subscriptions, but it's really sad to see how far this site has fallen. I know Apple doesn't do much throughout the year, but I'm fairly certain you could do a better job of providing content that was actually valuable. I guess I'll get my Apple news elsewhere.

This is intended to be genuine feedback, though I'm sure the site loyalists will jump all over me. How unfortunate that I won't see any of their replies.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand your frustration with all of the ads and stories about non-apple related technology. Yet, I understand that they serve a purpose. This site, as well as others like it, cost money to run and since we don't pay to be a member of this site, the revenue has to come from someplace.

Despite my frustration with all of the ads, I find a great deal of value in this site. I have learned a great deal from the volunteers on here on iMore, and other Mobile Nations sites about my preferred choice of technology. There are many many people here who care and try and help others with their questions. There are humor and compassion, as well as patience and a wonderful knowledge base. It is and will remain my go-to place to learn and share information about Apple Products and how to use them.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Site loyalists here, and while ads generate revenue, I agree with your post. And until Mobile Nations gives a subscription option, I'll continue to use my ad blockers.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I used to come here for Apple news and now it's just a sad landing page for ads. And yet, you have the temerity to ask me to turn off my ad blocker.

It might be because I blocked all of the Pokemon/PubG/Fortnite spam articles and that seemed to be all you posted before, but my news feed is nothing but ads for items to buy from this site. I have removed iMore from my Newsfeed subscriptions, but it's really sad to see how far this site has fallen. I know Apple doesn't do much throughout the year, but I'm fairly certain you could do a better job of providing content that was actually valuable. I guess I'll get my Apple news elsewhere.

This is intended to be genuine feedback, though I'm sure the site loyalists will jump all over me. How unfortunate that I won't see any of their replies.

Feels good Ranting

At the end of the day you need to weight the nuisance with the content and this site leans toward value of Content

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ad blockers here too ! the last iMore ad I actually looked at was for the Anker powerport atom charger, and the release date was wrong !

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

This post would have been better served if it had been PM’d or emailed to one of the editors since the OP has stated that he will NOT see any of the replies in this thread. With that being said, there’s no need to keep this conversation going in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR