Why is there no button in camera mode to turn flash on/off?? Ipad 2

I

iMore Question

After the newest update there is no button to turn on or off flash mode and regular camera setting. I'm not an ***** I've searched relentlessly. This is bush league from a company this big. Apple again blows my mind. After news update on my iPhone 5S in my camera there is the button to turn or turn off flash in upper left-hand corner. So I know it exists but just not on my iPad all of a sudden. Yeah Allis people spending all this money on iPads and iPhones and you only get partial features after each update is getting old. It's always when they're trying to invent or improve something you lose something on the bottom end. This time the simple feature of a flash on the camera. It's been weeks since they can release the newest 8.1.1 update and still release no simple fix for simple flash. Maybe because a look at all their customers is just stupid idiots they won't notice let's unacceptable.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Allis people spending all this money on iPads and iPhones and you only get partial features after each update is getting old. It's always when they're trying to invent or improve something you lose something on the bottom end.
Yeah like that never happens with Android. I like the fact that most iDevices receive regular updates to the software. Whenever I've had an Android device it seems as if I was always waiting for an update that never came, and the only way to get the latest version of Android was to buy a new device ...

100859fj

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Frankly- I'm utterly astounded! I just received this for Christmas and tried to take a photo at Nye party (how downright careless of me) and found I couldn't! Really? Seriously? 😬WHY would you include a camera then deliberately curtail its potential? Any sensible answers welcomed

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Frankly- I'm utterly astounded! I just received this for Christmas and tried to take a photo at Nye party (how downright careless of me) and found I couldn't! Really? Seriously? WHY would you include a camera then deliberately curtail its potential? Any sensible answers welcomed

Welcome to iMore! Honestly, only Apple has the answer to your question. Apple has never put a flash on an iPad and I haven't read anything about them including a flash on future models.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Frankly- I'm utterly astounded! I just received this for Christmas and tried to take a photo at Nye party (how downright careless of me) and found I couldn't! Really? Seriously? WHY would you include a camera then deliberately curtail its potential? Any sensible answers welcomed

The camera on the iPad was designed primarily for use with Facetime. The intent was not for serious photography. If you want to take photos, just use your smartphone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner