Why is the signature setting missing in the latest iMore Forums app?

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
So after the most recent iMore and CrackBerry updates I noticed my signature was missing from new posts? In the settings menu there is no place to add a signature as usual. Anybody else have this issue and/or know how to place my signature line back in? Thanks

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Missing Signature?

Ok, you're referring to the iMore Forums app. I thought you were talking about the website. I do believe the signature option was removed from the app. I'm not sure I use Tapatalk Pro.

Well of course the app. That's what the OP was also referring too and that's why I replied.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Well of course the app. That's what the OP was also referring too and that's why I replied.

The OP never said that. I thought he was talking about the changes to iMore.com. Maybe they'll put it back in a future update.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks everyone who responded. Yes, I meant the apps not the website. Nonetheless pretty stupid to remove the feature from the individual apps as signature lines help identify your device, OS version, country, and carrier which can eliminate lots of questions up front. Or just a silly signature...your prerogative.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW near Philly...

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Nope and it's something I liked having. REALLY want it back. I wrote to them.
I don't know much about the Pro paid version, but it seems the free one is better. ? What does the Pro have that's worth $3.99 that the free version does not have?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

If you set a signature via the iMore Forums website, it will display whether you use the forums app or not. Many people had two signatures being displayed - one that was set online and another that was set via a forums app.

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why is the signature setting missing I. The latest iMore Forums app?

I liked having that feature because I had 1 signature that was sent from my iPhone 5, and a different signature that was sent from my Retina Mini. I loved that.

Seems like that feature might have been removed. I hope they bring it back

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods