Why is the battery on my Apple Watch draining fast?

I

iMore Question

The battery on my new Apple Watch is draining really fast. Is this something that would be covered under my Apple Warranty? Or is this something that would be paid out of my pocket?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What are you considering fast? Reboot the Watch by pressing the friend button until the slide to power off option comes up. Also check the watchOS2 apps you installed to make sure they are not draining your battery. Your watch should last you the better part of a full day if not more

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Definitely listen to the advice @bamf-hacker gave you. Your watch is still covered under Apple's limited warranty, barring anything you could have done to void it. Contact Apple Support or take your watch into an Apple Store if you think something it wrong with your watch's battery. I've only had mine for a few weeks but I haven't had to charge it during the day. I'm going on 12 hours of use and my watch battery is at 61%.

tsparks1

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes un-pairing then re-pairing can help with battery, especially if you've upgraded your iOS. Big pain I know but it can make a difference.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73