Why is my wifi on/off button is greyed out and my iCloud Drive has been Upgrading for 7days?

I

iMore Question

My WiFi on/off button is greyed out AND my iCloud Drive has been "Upgrading" for 7days

I have a 4S iPhone I cant be positive but I think this started when my iPhone did an automatic software update to 8.1.2 I couldn't get any WiFi connection because when I go to turn it back on the iPhone wont let me and Greys out my WiFi on/off button.
But also I think something happened to my iCloud connect as well because next to my iCloud Drive under "Settings" it has that spinning symbol that usually denotes waiting for something to finish downloading. But this time it never stopped! Its been spinning saying "iCloud is Upgrading" for 2 weeks now! I have tried the on/off iPhone restart or reset, and I've even put my iPhone into "Recovery Mode" as a last resort. but when iTunes was finished "Restoring" it, nothing had changed; Still Greyed out WiFi button and iCloud is still "Upgrading"! Help please!
And thanks in advance for all answers!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.2

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: My WiFi on/off button is greyed out AND my iCloud Drive has been "Upgrading" for 7days

Did you reset network settings?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My WiFi on/off button is greyed out AND my iCloud Drive has been "Upgrading" for 7days

Put your iPhone in DFU mode, and then have iTunes install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version for your device via a restore.

Micki Hoffman1

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
How do I do the DFU restore? I know that it is somehow different from the reg. Restore that I did through iTunes but I dont know how.
Also, yes I did reset the network settings but since I cant get WiFi it won't search for nearby WiFi and I've never had to do it manually. I dont even know if you can or not.
Oh, one more glitch I forgot to mention! When I try to sign into Apple directly from my iPhone it keeps telling me that I am not entering the correct password but I AM! I can sign into iTunes & Apple on the desktop with my password no problem.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

To put your device in DFU mode, follow the instructions found via the following link:

https://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode

As for why your password is not being accepted by iTunes on your device, I do not know. It's possible that a call to Apple may fix the problem, but I'm just guessing. Also, restoring your device and setting it up as new (provided that the device is indeed yours) may fix the problems you're having as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner