Why is my "Restore from iCloud" saying the estimated time is 3 DAYS?!

I

iMore Question

I just got the iPhone 6s and am trying to transfer my previous iCloud account to the new phone. I know I have a lot of photos, but why is it taking THREE DAYS? And is there a way to speed up this process? I see that I am getting calls but no caller ID and am not able to text/call or anything. Is there a way to keep the restore going and still be able to use the phone?

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Why is my "Restore from iCloud" saying the estimated time is 3 DAYS?!

I have had a couple of my restores tell me three days, but once the restore process starts, the time drops rather quickly and usually depending on the size of the original backup, it takes about an hour to fully restore my phone.

As far as using the phone while the restore is in process, I have had some functions start working, but I usually just wait until it's completed before I use the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Your internet connection may have had a hiccup or Apple's server may have had a temporary bottleneck, or something along those lines. I wouldn't trust it. Just like @bakron1 said, let the backup process start and the estimated time should eventually correct itself.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro