Why is my iPad spinning

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I had issues with my iPad last night while watching Hulu. Everything else seemed a bit slow too. I did a hard reset on the iPad, which didn't help. I then restarted the router, which helped just a tad. I then completely powered off the iPad for several minutes. That seemed to help a bit. I kept getting error messages from Hulu as well. I then gave up and went to bed. This morning, things seemed much better. I'm not sure what the issue was.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Could be either, why not force close all apps and webpages, hard reset again,and then try Youtube, make sure everything is up to date also. Check incoming signal with phone, yadda,yadda.
How old is iPad,and what iOS are you on ?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Could be either, why not force close all apps and webpages, hard reset again,and then try Youtube, make sure everything is up to date also. Check incoming signal with phone, yadda,yadda.
How old is iPad,and what iOS are you on ?

Everything is up-to-date. iPad mini five. 14.0.1
All my apps are forced closed as of right now. Again, when you say check incoming signal what do you mean. Lol

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
check broadband mbps with ookla tester f’rinstance, check your wifi with whatever tester you like, plenty in App Store I should think.
Or, google your problem, there is far more info than I can give you out there ! Tip; look for recent articles, there is a lot of obsolete info out there.
I suffered this problem for some time, and I think it was only really fixed by an iOS update in the end, but try everything.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got home from work and checked. It’s not spinning anymore as of right now. I don’t know what the deal is.

Whatever I seem to do it starts back up. When I went into the App Store to check for the tester app it started back up again

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Watching the video, I'm not sure what you are complaining about. You mean the spinner when you go into Settings / Battery? Both my iPhone X and iPad Mini 4 do that every time. That's standard behavior as far as I am concerned; it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Watching the video, I'm not sure what you are complaining about. You mean the spinner when you go into Settings / Battery? Both my iPhone X and iPad Mini 4 do that every time. That's standard behavior as far as I am concerned; it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

It doesn’t normally constantly stay on there does it. My phone doesn’t

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Knock on wood, I think I have figured it out. I went through the settings that were turned back ON when I updated to 14.0.1 My Wi-Fi goes between 2 to 3 lines even on my phone

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I don’t know if this had anything to do with it or not but I’d turned OFF iPad analytics section. I also turned off some app updates and some background refresh. I also tend to use my phone a lot more than my iPad. The main thing I have also noticed is I turned off PUSH mail IMG_0084.JPG

Last edited:

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Not to necro-post, but I just saw this thread, and I had similar issues a few months back with my Mini as well. Coincidentally, it was happening around the same times my digital cable box was also acting totally wonky (freezes, channels blacking out, very slow response to remote commands), and I thought it was very strange that both devices would act up around the exact same times. Both devices got so bad for several hours on multiple nights, it was maddening. Now that I think of it, I’m gonna throw out a wild guess and say it was probably my ISP/cable provider having some kind of issues with the area network. I have no idea what it could have been, but that’s the only thing my cable box and iPad have in common. Of course my ***** provider knew nothing if any issues in the area and wanted to send a technician out to investigate, which I promptly refused. Mysteriously after a couple of weekends of that frustration, the problem cleared itself up, which strongly suggests to me it was them and not me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal