Why is my data usage so high?

I

iMore Question

My data usage seems high

I have Comcast as my internet provider and over the last 7 months I've found that I have used over an average of 300-400gb of data even though I only downloaded 5 movies over that same period, check email, some music, I don't stream videos, check Facebook, l live alone, I do use a iPod, I use my phone occasionally so my question: is this normal?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: My data usage seems high

Up to 400 "gigabytes" of data? If so, you're either not telling the complete usage history or there's an issue with your wireless carrier's data computing mechanism. Get with your wireless carrier regarding this matter. Thanks.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

300-400gb over the whole 7 months? Probably not all that bad.
Do you use iCloud Photo Library? iCloud backups? All those things will add to your usage.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
My data usage seems high

I have Comcast as my internet provider and over the last 7 months I've found that I have used over an average of 300-400gb of data even though I only downloaded 5 movies over that same period, check email, some music, I don't stream videos, check Facebook, l live alone, I do use a iPod, I use my phone occasionally so my question: is this normal?

No biggie. Comcast gives much more data than that.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

400GB of data is a lot for one person. You must have a lot of background downloads and updates happening on your devices. I checked my usage and it's a little under 300 GB per month in my household.

fahamparsa

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site

no with this what you say it isnt chek if someone is hacking youre wifi

Vikas Dhar

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
hahahahahaha,,,,300-400gb over the whole 7 months? Probably not all that bad.
First thing to do: Change your WiFi password (or create one if you don't have) and check if that reduces data download usage.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Comcast is the OP's Internet provider? I haven't known them to do cellular. The OP must be talking about wifi. 300 to 400 gb of wifi in 7 months isn't so bad. I get about 300 gb a month with Comcast, but only use about 20 gb.