Why is my data gobbled up in two days?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone4 sim only.
250Mb data is more than adequate - I don't watch videos or download stuff.
I rarely get anywhere near the full useage.
My data renewed on the 11th and on the 13th I was told I'd used 80%.
Today it's gone.
The only thing I did yesterday was connect to PC to upload all photos and erase them from phone.
My data was used up rapidly some months back and EE gave me a free additional allowance but could not examine my useage as its sim only.
Any ideas please?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
You can go to Settings > Cellular and scroll down that list to see which apps used how much cellular data.
If you reset it at the end of your monthly cycle, you will be able to determine monthly what apps you're using the most while on cellular data.

aokusman1

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
250mb data is nothing. You can't even use it constantly. If you are using any form of social media on a daily basis this will run out quickly.

bjt000

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't use social media at all.
Which is why 250 is adequate.
I simply wondered why it was wiped in 48hours.
Anyway EE gave me 500 and I've loaded a Data Manager app.
It's back to normal - just puzzling.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't use social media at all.
Which is why 250 is adequate.
I simply wondered why it was wiped in 48hours.
Anyway EE gave me 500 and I've loaded a Data Manager app.
It's back to normal - just puzzling.

Glad you decided to join, AND that EE was able to hook you up. :) Yes many carriers WILL provide apps that allow you to better manage and monitor your data (and other) usage. When I was with Verizon they had such an App, plus my current provider T-Mobile (I know you guys have them in in Europe too) has an app. Also here in the US AT&T has such an app. I'm not sure abut Sprint our 4th major provider, BUT most likely they do! :)