Why is everyone complaining?

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I Think that Apple has done a great job with iOS 5,
my only complain is that we have to wait until fall to get it,

we got better notifications, who cares if android/windows phone was there first? If apple can pull it off better then isn't it worth the wait?

we got camera enhancements, we no longer need a computer, iCloud is free,
cant you people just be happy?
Apple doesn't exist to satisfy your every whim

Reactions: anneemonster

zpithika

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I'm actually pretty happy with what they announced. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
And speaking of "camera enhancements"... I see that you will be able to use a hardware button (volume up) to snap a photo... but that's the same function that caused Apple to remove Camera+ from the app store a year or so back (until they removed that function/feature)... now Apple is touting it as "innovative"? SMH.

And regarding iCloud... what's with the 30 day life span of photos in the cloud? They build a new data center with a bajillion terabytes of storage and don't offer any way for us to buy additional/longer term storage? hmmmm. That was one of the more useful parts of MobileMe to me - the ability to sync photos to the space and allow you to share them with friends/family... #fail.

But I am stoked about the notification redesign... and I've read a tweet and a post that say we'll get custom tones for mail/text messages... finally...

Waiting until "the fall"? not so excited about... No new iPhone hardware (as expected)? not so much excitement there, either...

And did I read/hear something about a flashing LED for notifications? I can't find the reference now, but I was sure that someone mentioned that today... gotta be the camera flash - it's the only LED on the device... talk about ruining the aesthetics of iPhone... please say that ain't so...

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh come on to complain is to be human. You will never please everyone and that believe it or not causes innovation. If there was no one complaining we still wouldn't have copy/paste functionality. I personally love everything I saw today and like you I can't wait until Fall but atleast next month I will have Lion :D

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Overall, Im happy with ios 5.

Ideally i would have liked to see widgets & a free navigation app.
But the notification manager has some widget like functionality.
I love the to do list, notifications, the syncing, ota updates.

It's not the mind blowing wwdc that I'm used to... because the hardware was absent. But as you digest the changes, ios and lion are good updates.

Cant wait for the update.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
There are still things missing that I want, but some of my bullet points in another thread were crossed off the list.

I'll reserve final judgement until I install it on my phone. I plan to install around beta 3 or 4.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I am beyond happy! I was just expecting a few things while secretly hoping for more, but this just blows me away! I am sooo excited!

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I too am very excited! Apple released a plethora of new things today! So much new stuff, it's gonna be fun playing with it all once it's available!

St3ib

May 8, 2011
Visit site
And did I read/hear something about a flashing LED for notifications? I can't find the reference now, but I was sure that someone mentioned that today... gotta be the camera flash - it's the only LED on the device... talk about ruining the aesthetics of iPhone... please say that ain't so...

I believe that was a feature for the Hearing Impaired under accessibility

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
Why is everyone complaining?
Why does it seem that someone feels compelled to start a thread claiming "everyone" is doing something when it is clearly only a small portion of the posters/participants complaining? :confused: ;)

Last edited:

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Why does it seem that someone feels compelled to start a thread claiming "everyone" is doing something when it is clearly only a small portion of the posters/participants complaining? :confused: ;)

Well to be fair to the dissenters, a lot of the new features were features that were popular apps, and from android, bb, etc.

hbcbob573

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Because usually the minority that is complaining are the loudest, making them sound larger than they are.

You can't please everyone, and those that don't like what Apple showed off will either suck it up or switch. They'll either regret it, or love their decision. More than likely they'll regret it because some people just like being miserable.

I, for one, am going to love the new update! The only thing about a jailbreak that I will miss will be SBSettings. They (almost) nailed every other aspect. There's no quick compose like biteSMS, but if I can pull down the notification bar and get to a recent SMS delivery and go right into the app, I would be happy with that as a type of quick reply. I was just waiting for these changes to pull me from the jailbreak. I've been lucky, my jailbreaks are usually pretty stable, but I just hate the instability when they are not working well together. As for SBSettings, I will miss the quick switches for data, wifi and airplane mode. But it'd be something that I could deal with for a little extra stability.

TL;DR - I am very happy with what's coming down the pipes, and I cannot wait to get my hands on iOS 5!

bigjoe2675#IM

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the BB world about 4 months ago, and was missing a few tweaks that BB had, that iPhone didn?t have, but very happy with it iPhone...and now seeing all the updates coming in the new iOS 5, just makes me even more glad I switched. Good To Go! Can't wait....:);)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

Take a look at the internet as a whole. EVERYONE is complaining. Trust me.

This site is full of people who enjoy the iPhone. They are less likely to complain than everyone else.

In any case, I thought this upgrade was huge. The camera additions, iMessage, and customizable mail tones really shocked me. I was not expecting those things at all, and I love how iMessage works, it's just seamless. No extra app, no setup, it just automatically detects iOS and bam, you're saving texts.

@Ipheuria

You must be joking. :p For anyone to come out with all these features plus all the features of the previous updates in the first version they would have to be god. Google definitely didn't do it. Android's first incarnation was like BlackBerry, until they saw the success of the iPhone and carbon-copied every UI nuance they possibly could, badly. They lack many features still that iOS has had for years. Android has no accessibility features, many Android devices have no music store, Android's default browser still doesn't render pages as they were meant to be viewed and instead opts to use a janky, horrible version of Flash rather than comfortable browsing overall. Android still can't touch iOS on polish and performance, I don't quite understand why but it seems to be that the Android devs think the OEMs hold all the responsibility for performance, which is so wrong.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL I was just kidding since the thread was about complainers.

Here is a list from BGR of the new features it's just astounding if you think that a whole whack of these is what people JB for in the first place.

Preference to open pages in Safari in a new page or in background (amazing!).

More alert choices for emails, calendar, and the ability to buy more.

Ability to create keyboard shortcuts (autotext) to replace custom phrases.
The default entry is ?omw? which is replaced with, ?On my way!?

Software update option in settings to check for the latest OS.

Sync now button to wireless sync to iTunes

Ability to customize how notifications in Notification Center look ? you can customize how many recent ones to show, 1, 5 or 10, if it?s showed in the lock screen, if it?s in Notification Center, and also the alert style, banner or alert style.

Twitter installs directly from the settings page if it?s not installed directly, you aren?t even taken to the App Store.

FaceTime button in iMessage messages at the top now

Tweeting photos is, so so slick. It displays on Twitter as powered by Photobucket, and it?s from iOS.

There?s a new option to print out from the Maps app? hilarious.

You can make new albums right from the device itself in Photos.
You can move and add photos to albums.

Doesn?t look iMessage is fully baked in here yet.

You can customize the default alert times. This is so needed ? so now when you enter a calendar entry, you don?t have to set the default alert time you like ? I?m a 15 minute calendar alert type of guy.

Email flagging doesn?t look to be enabled in this beta, though S/MIME support is. Never mind, it is. You have to go into the message and tap ?mark?.

It seems that Reminders sync with Exchange (Tasks basically), but you can?t set location-based reminders if you?re on Exchange, just with iCloud. You can selectively choose where to sync the reminder though, it?s just not streamlined if you use Exchange.

You can set the caller ID for FaceTime calls, so if you call someone, you can choose it to display your cellular number or email address.

In the weather app, there is a new pane for a current location which will show you weather for wherever you are.

When syncing with iTunes you can use the device normally ? no more syncing screen!

You can delete individual calls from the call list ? I know a lot of people that just got super excited.

I can say I will be using 98% of this!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well as a user that hasn't Jailbroken my device, I can't find anything to complain about. Sure, there's always that sense of well you could've done it back then or could be doing more, blah, blah, and blah...

The waiting is the hardest part, but hey my phone's screen is shattered right now and I gotta wait to fix it... so I would be in a pickle if it was released this week. Plus, I'd rather have a stable OS, so I'm fine with waiting a bit.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro