Why I think the failure of 5C affects negatively all of us

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I can tell you in all honesty that I might hold out on my upgrade and see what Ubuntu Touch has to offer. From what I've seen, that is a sweet OS.

I have a ways to go before I can upgrade.
So I am still uncertain what path I will go down.
A lot can change in a years time. 😊

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
If you want to see fragmentation. Venture over to the Android side of the fence. 😉
It's a much improved and great OS. But there are phones including my back up Samy, still running older versions of the OS.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Based on this you are stating that every new phone is fragmentation?

Any device that requires a developer to tweak their app to suit it is fragmentation. Of course this doesn't happen in all cases, please do not take this out of context of what was mentioned before in the thread.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
There's one thing that came with the 5c I hope continues (but fear it won't) -- the larger storage for the mid-range phone.

It always annoyed me that only the smallest version was available for the older model. So it was nice that the 5c had a 32GB model available.

I hope this continues next year...

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Who is the ***** that keeps saying the 5C was a failure? STOP IT.

Couldn't agree more.
iPhone 5c sales are currently projected to have sold between 12.5 million and 20 million units in the last two quarters.
When you compare it to the industry the 5c looks to be doing surprisingly well.

Total sales by handset:
Nexus 4: sold 3 million units,
Htc One: 5 million units
LG g2: 2.2 million units
Huawei p6: 3 million units
*Note 3: 10 million shipped (not sold)
Moto x: 500,000

Total sales last quarter:
*Galaxy s4: 9 million-12 million units
Nokia Lumia Series: 8.8 million units
*Blackberry 10 sales: 1.1 million units
*Legacy blackberry sales: 3.2 million.

*Sell-in figures (these are units shipped not sold).

Last edited:

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
You are sadly mistaken if you think I am negatively impacted by the alleged failure of the iPhone 5C. Whether it sold only one or a billion, I could care less because I had no intentions of every buying it. My current device is still serving me quite well?..:)

A good post, yes why change if you are delighted with your current iPhone. I'm still running iPhone 4 jailbroken and see no reason to change. In fact i hardly use it since the inception of ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
A good post, yes why change if you are delighted with your current iPhone. I'm still running iPhone 4 jailbroken and see no reason to change. In fact i hardly use it since the inception of ipad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
'nuf said...:)...You are both competent and confident, my friend...:)

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
The tech sites and bloggers keep saying some variation of "the 5C is a failure" because it's click bait. I'm as guilty as anyone. As soon as I see something like that, I'm automatically clicking on it. I don't get the failure proclamations either. Don't get it at all. Love my 5C...it's serving me well, very, very well.

motoroid7

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
The tech sites and bloggers keep saying some variation of "the 5C is a failure" because it's click bait. I'm as guilty as anyone. As soon as I see something like that, I'm automatically clicking on it. I don't get the failure proclamations either. Don't get it at all. Love my 5C...it's serving me well, very, very well.

Agreed. I love my 5c and so does all my other iPhone friends. I've even managed to make some of my 5s friends jealous with my phone. You can find plenty of cases with clear/frosted backs that really make this phone stand out.

rdmedina7

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how it failed. My girlfriend and I are both loving our 5Cs (hers is pink, mine is green)
Only got it a month ago and still enjoying the major upgrade from our 4S'.
Although, we most likely will update to the 6 when it's released!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
If the 5c was a failure why do I see them everywhere. I saw 4 in an hour at my gym earlier this week.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Up until 2012 Apple didn't give us any options for a phone. It was just one.

There are some theories why Apple chose to make a second phone.

the idea of Apple releasing two phones

But every year Apple always has 3 phones for sale. The current year's flag ship for $199 on contract for 16 gb, the pervious year's flagship for $99 on contract, and the flag ship from two years past for free on contract. What did Apple do differently this time other than making last year's flagship have a plastic chassis instead of an aluminum one (only to save costs and it's still one of the most premium feeling phones to date plastic or not) and add a letter to the name?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Sales would say the 5C was not a failure. Apple gained a lot of new customers with this device and maintained a lot as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen